College Basketball Tournament
Michigan coach John Beilein briefly lost track of how long it’s been since the Wolverines reached the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament.
Michigan State’s Adreian Payne blocked a shot and made a long jumper on ensuing possessions, providing another glimpse of his vast potential and boosting his stock as an NBA prospect.
While many Michigan State fans would never dream of wanting their rival Wolverines to advance in the NCAA basketball tournament, Spartan head coach Tom Izzo will be doing just that.
Michigan State guard Keith Appling says he’ll be “all right” in the Midwest Regional semifinals against Duke.
Doug McDermott scuffled for open looks and usually missed when he did get them.
Gary Harris scored a team high 23 points helping the Michigan State Spartans to advance to the round of 16 after beating the Memphis Tigers 70-48 on Saturday during third round play at The Palace of Auburn Hills.
Mitch McGary scored a game high 21 points and 13 rebounds and the Michigan Wolverines beat the Virginia Commonwealth Rams 78-53 during the third round of the 2013 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament at The Palace of Auburn Hills Saturday.
When D.J. Stephens is dunking and blocking shots, Memphis looks like a team that could make an extended run in this NCAA tournament.
VCU was at its best, pressing, running — and winning with ease.
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Dez Wells scored 14 of his 21 points in the second half and Maryland beat pesky Wake Forest 75-62 on Thursday night in the first round of the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Richard Howell kept attacking the rim and the boards alongside C.J. Leslie, while Lorenzo Brown was the transition-powering point guard eager to take on a tough defensive assignment against the Atlantic Coast Conference’s player of the year.
Joe Mihalich’s Niagara Purple Eagles have just eliminated Siena in the quarterfinals of the MAAC basketball tournament. Siena senior O.D. Anosike has played his last collegiate game.
The Big dance is right around the corner and teams are making strides towards being part of it. It all started this weekend with a buzzer beater, Kentucky barely holding on and Belmont joining the tourney. A wild weekend indeed!
One more team will join the big dance by the services of a popular tourney! The Metro Atlantic Athletic Tournament got under way and the stand out defense of the Rider stags kick started it in nice way! Along with other teams eliminated, important events you can’t miss!
Doron Lamb scored 22 points, and Kentucky won its eighth national championship, holding off Kansas for a 67-59 victory Monday night.
If Darius Miller and Doron Lamb find seams and make enough shots from the perimeter, John Calipari should have his team in the National Championship game.
The bad blood between Kentucky and Louisville fans boiled over this week at a Kentucky dialysis center when one patient couldn’t wait to call a winner.
Multiple sources say there is more than a legitimate chance of Kentucky landing the top two prospects in the Class of 2012: 6-foot-10 shot blocker Nerlens Noel and lefty wing Shabazz Muhammad.
A major element in Saturday’s Final Four showdown between Louisville and Kentucky will be the Cardinals’ match up zone.
Ohio State beat Syracuse 77-70 on Saturday to advance to the Final Four.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!