Fighting Illini Head Basketball Coach John Groce received a one-year contract extension, according to a press release.
Most pundits expected Louisville to be in the national championship game, but no one expected Luke Hancock to play an important role.
But he sidestepped one big question — Will he return to Michigan next season?
Fans poured into the streets, rejoiced in dorms, bars and living rooms, and at one point became so raucous that riot police were briefly called in as the city held all-night parties to celebrate the Cardinals’ first NCAA title in a generation.
Relentless Louisville rallied from a 12-point deficit to beat Michigan 82-76 in the NCAA championship game Monday night.
University of Michigan basketball fans in Ann Arbor took the heartbreaking loss as well as could be expected.
Rick Pitino, who will coach Louisville in the NCAA championship game Monday night, is among seven people elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
Tonight, the No. 1 overall seed takes on a team once ranked No. 1 and now playing its best basketball. On one side is Louisville, the favorite when the field was announced, trying to keep the national championship trophy in the state of Kentucky.
National media carried on about the Syracuse zone like they were 1985 Bears and gave Michigan little chance.
Michigan spoiled what would have been one heck of a going-away party for the Big East on Saturday night, beating Syracuse 61-56 to earn a spot in Monday night’s championship game against top-seeded Louisville. Now the Cardinals have less than 48 hours to get ready for a team they haven’t played since 1978.
It happens seemingly every game of the NCAA tournament, most of the season, for that matter: Officials blow their whistles, huddle, then head over to the TV monitors to review a play.
The NCAA has announced the pool of 10 officials who will work the Final Four.
Overcoming all sorts of adversity has been the norm for the Syracuse Orange of late.
With tears in their eyes and Kevin Ware in their hearts, there was no way Louisville was losing this game.
Freshman guard Nik Stauskas scored 22 points including six 3-pointers and Michigan is going to the Final Four for the first time since the Fab Five era after a 79-59 rout of Florida in the South Regional final Sunday.
Our favorite artists are letting you in on their brackets. How does yours stack up with Brett Eldredge, Scotty McCreery, Dustin Lynch and Greg Upchurch?
Florida Gulf Coast is without question the story of the tournament — but they’re not going to beat Florida.
Michigan coach John Beilein briefly lost track of how long it’s been since the Wolverines reached the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament.
The dream run was bound to end. La Salle had defied so many odds to reach the Sweet 16.
The Hurricanes have had a dream season, but Marquette is the toughest team in college basketball. That’s just one of four great matchups.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!