Gerry DiNardo of the Big Ten Network joined The Mully and Hanley Show to give his picks for this week’s college football games.
Pick-A-Side: Who’s Got The Best Shot At The National Title?
Joliet Junior College is reducing costs by cutting its long-standing football program. The move will save the college about half a million dollars a year.
There’s been a lot of talk leading up to the big LSU vs. Alabama game this Saturday. Sports writers, TV broadcasters, family, friends and even the mailman all seem to have an opinion. To some […]
Nationally ranked SEC rivals #1 LSU and #2 Alabama go head-to-head on your local CBS station at 8pm EST Saturday, November 5th. The anticipation of this college football matchup has sports fans all over the […]
Gerry DiNardo of The Big Ten Network joined The Boers and Bernstein Show to break down the Big Ten match ups from last weekend and preview this week’s games.
Terry Greenstein of the Chicago Tribune joined The McNeil and Spiegel Show to break down college football.
Jerry Dinardo joined The Mully and Hanley Show to breakdown all of college football.
LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State hold the top four spots in the first BCS standings, setting up two potentially huge conference games that could determine which teams play for the national title.
Imagine that you’re a leadoff hitter who finds himself down 0-1 in the count every time you step up to the plate. Or that you’re a basketball player who strolls out for each game’s opening tip with one foul already whistled against you. Or, perhaps, you’re a golfer who’s already down a stroke every time you dig in at a tee.
Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany said last week that college football is the No. 2 sports in America behind only the NFL. Is he correct?
Former University of Michigan head coach Lloyd Carr is among the 16 players and coaches that were selected for induction into the College Football Hall of Fame.
The Justice Department wants to know why the NCAA doesn’t have a college football playoff system and says there are “serious questions” about whether the current format to determine a national champion complies with antitrust laws.
The NCAA has created a new task force to look at the criteria and process for licensing Division I bowls and will place a three-year moratorium on new bowls.
A published report says the dates for the BCS Bowl games in January of next year are up in the air, contingent on when the labor dispute at the NFL ends.
When the 2011 college football season kicks off, there will be several new rules that coaches and players have to be aware of. Among them is a new rule that would give teams the option of running 10 seconds off the clock, after penalties.
Once a prospering sumo wrestler, Soslan Gagloev dreams of one day playing in the NFL. However, his experience on the field only began recently and a workout with Mike Singletary proved he wasn’t ready. The former sumo wrestler is now taking his chances in college football to begin his second career.
The NCAA is hypocritical. It’s frustrating. And it’s fraught more inconsistencies than Alfonso Soriano’s swing. Or Carlos Zambrano’s head. But the NCAA isn’t dumb.
There are plenty of other things that I should be focused on besides college football, but I just can’t help myself…college football is a complete mess.
An NFL owner recently guaranteed that there would be a 2011 season, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen, there could still be football on Sundays.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!