An 11-month-old girl was in “stable” condition at a hospital after she was thrown from an SUV during a crash in the downtown area early Tuesday morning, police said.
The vehicle ended up in the home’s living room, but fortunately the parents and three teens inside were upstairs.
Two people inside a vehicle struck by a Metra train Monday evening on the South Side were hospitalized — one in critical condition.
CBS 2 observed the accident scene at the Brown Line Kedzie stop: a mangled car against the side of a CTA commuter train.
A school bus carrying 6th-grade students from Highland has collided with a tractor trailer near the southern Illinois community of Litchfield.
Police shot three people Monday morning – killing one – as the suspects allegedly burglarized an electronics store on South Western Avenue and smashed their getaway van through a garage door.
LAGRANGE, Ill. (STMW) — A Metra train struck a vehicle Friday night in west suburban LaGrange, killing the driver and halting train service on the BNSF Railway line. BNSF Railway equipment train No. 1282 struck […]
A 4-year-old Atlantic bottlenose dolphin died Monday at the Brookfield Zoo.
Autopsies were inconclusive on two elderly women who died Thursday when the car they were riding in collided with a Metra Rock Island District train.
Another lawsuit has been filed over the crash of an Amtrak train that left Chicago and was hit by a truck in Nevada, killing six people more than a week ago.
An Amtrak crew member on a train from Chicago and a trucker who allegedly drove around downed crossing gates were both killed when the truck and train collided Friday morning 75 miles east of Reno, Nev., according to the Nevada Highway Patrol.
A woman motorist allegedly upset at her estranged husband allegedly rammed into his SUV while transporting her three children.
The passenger vehicle went around safety gates at West 97th Street and South Eggleston Avenue when an Amtrak train struck it, officials said.
A 17-year-old west suburban boy died early Monday following a Saturday night traffic accident near West Chicago.
Six people suffered injuries in a collision involving four vehicles on the Eisenhower Expressway.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!