Jeff Samardzija hit a two-run home run and pitched eight strong innings for his first win since opening day and the Chicago Cubs beat the Colorado Rockies 6-3 on Wednesday night.
Carlos Gonzalez homered twice and finished with a career-high five hits to lead the struggling Colorado Rockies to a 9-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night.
Josh Rutledge will be a valuable asset for the Rockies this year, and maybe even a star somewhere down the line.
Rockies first baseman Todd Helton was arrested early Thursday morning near his home in Thornton, Colo. and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
The White Sox traded Ken Williams Jr. to the Colorado Rockies for first baseman Mark Tracy.
A baserunning blunder turned the Cubs’ best hope for a big inning into just another empty one.
Chris Rusin and the Chicago Cubs got off to a good start Tuesday night. It didn’t last long, however.
The Cubs have now lost five of their last six games, after falling to the Colorado Rockies 4-3 at Wrigley Field Saturday.
Cleveland Indians pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez has been suspended for five games and fined by Major League Baseball for intentionally throwing at Colorado’s Troy Tulowitzki during a spring training game.
Apparently, there is some bad blood between former teammates Ubaldo Jimenez and Troy Tulowitzki.
John Danks was sharp in his final outing before starting on opening day, pitching six innings for the Chicago White Sox on Saturday in a 3-1 loss to the Colorado Rockies.
Jamie Moyer threw 92 pitches over four innings, the latest step in his comeback bid, and Dexter Fowler hit a two-run homer to help the Colorado Rockies beat a Chicago White Sox split squad 8-5 on Wednesday.
Alfonso Soriano hit two home runs and a double to send Dale Sveum and the Chicago Cubs to an 11-4 victory over the Colorado Rockies on Tuesday.
The Chicago Cubs have traded outfielder Tyler Colvin and infielder DJ LeMahieu to the Colorado Rockies for infielder Ian Stewart and pitcher Casey Weathers.
Juan Pierre laced a tiebreaking, two-run single off the wall in the 10th inning, helping the Chicago White Sox rally for a 6-4 win over the Colorado Rockies.
A.J. Pierzynski drove in his second run of the game with a sacrifice fly in the ninth inning and the Chicago White Sox hung on to beat the Rockies 3-2.
After the White Sox lost Tuesday night, manager Ozzie Guillen addressed the media and was not shy in pointing fingers as to why the Sox have been playing mediocre baseball lately.
Ty Wigginton singled with two outs in the 13th inning to score Troy Tulowitzki all the way from first and lift the Colorado Rockies past the Chicago White Sox 3-2 on Tuesday night.
Not surprisingly, Adam Dunn is not in the lineup tonight as the White Sox lose the designated hitter position in Colorado.
Todd Helton hit two home runs for the visiting Colorado Rockies as they beat the Cubs 4 to 3. It was Helton’s 27th multi-homer game of his career.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!