A man is in critical condition after he was struck in a hit-and-run crash Sunday morning in the West Side Lawndale neighborhood.
Even in the full light of day the fear is still there, CBS 2’s Chris Martinez reports.
Deputy Chief of Police Brian Budds says the goal appears to be “to lure these youths into the car and cause them harm.”
A suspect hid in the woman’s minivan while she was shopping inside the gas station and revealed himself once she drove away, forcing her to drive to various locations.
Police are asking for help finding the man suspected of trying to rape a woman after she got off a CTA Red Line train on the South Side last month.
The suspect entered the hair salons, placed a duffle bag on the counter, showed a handgun and announced a robbery, according to a community alert from Area Central detectives.
Police are warning parents in the Back of the Yards about a man who tried to lure a teen boy into his car Tuesday.
A man grabbed a 13-year-old and sexually assaulted her in a vehicle Monday morning on the West Side, then drove her home and threatened to burn her house down if she didn’t get him money.
Police have issued a warning about a serious and disturbing attack on a child in the North Lawndale neighborhood.
Chicago police are warning children not to talk to strangers after a pair of attempted abductions in the Austin neighborhood.
Chicago Police are looking for a man who attempted to kidnap a young girl Wednesday evening in the Little Village neighborhood.
Police are searching for two young men who have robbed Red Line train commuters at gunpoint on the South Side.
Chicago Police have issued a community alert about the attempted kidnapping Tuesday of a girl on the Southwest Side.
The latest sexual assault was early Saturday morning on West Gladys Avenue.
Parents on the northern end of the Bronzeville neighborhood are on alert, after a man tried to lure a young girl on her way to school.
A man tried to abduct a child from a store in the Southwest Side Marquette Park neighborhood last week and now police are warning parents to be on the alert.
The suspect walked into the businesses, claimed to have a gun and demanded money from the cash register before walking away with cash, Chicago police said.
Guardian Angels are out patrolling a section of the East Lakeview neighborhood, after a man tried to sexually assault a woman in her home on Newport Avenue.
Police said the attacks all took place between 5 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. They says the offender may wear a mask over his head and gloves on his hands.
Police are alerting residents of the South Side Greater Grand Crossing area of an increase in armed robberies that have occurred there in the past month.
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.81
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!