The family of a National Hockey League player who died of an accidental overdose of pain medication and alcohol has filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against the NHL, blaming it for brain damage he suffered as an enforcer and for his addiction to prescription painkillers.
Looking to bounce back from last week’s dismal 32-7 loss to the 49ers, the Bears will have Jay Cutler back under center against the Vikings on Sunday.
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith will not play Monday night against the Chicago Bears, ESPN in reporting
Should publicly funded high schools retire tackle football programs? More groups are coming to that conclusion, CBS 2′s Rob Johnson reports.
The Bears will evaluate the condition of Jay Cutler on Monday after the quarterback suffered a concussion during the first half against the Houston Texans on Sunday.
And here I thought we had turned a corner in our understanding of the seriousness of brain injury, especially in what had appeared to be a newly enlightened – and legally threatened – NFL.
A youth football coach struck a 13-year-old player from an opposing team near the sideline during the fourth quarter of a tied game, giving the boy a concussion and outraging parents and spectators, a Utah police sergeant said Wednesday.
Former Chicago Bear Emery Moorehead is one of nearly 3,000 former NFL players suing the league, alleging a cover-up involving concussions and brain injuries.
I can tell someone to base such important decisions on something more than logical fallacy, cheesy romanticism and complete unawareness of science, medicine and facts.
Chicago captain Jonathan Toews is expected to play in the opening game of the Blackhawks’ playoff series against the Phoenix Coyotes on Thursday night.
It has taken years to reach this point, but the combination of medicine, awareness, tragedy and marketing sense has pushed hockey to the brink of real culture change.
Experts and former athletes are joining forces to provide area student athletes with protection from concussions in sports. CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports on an effort to educate coaches in Chicago Public Schools.
A study by Virginia Tech researchers revealed that last season, close to 40 percent of NFL players used a helmet that got the second-lowest rating for reducing the risk of concussions.
Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook will be back in the lineup for Sunday night’s Game 6 against Vancouver after missing the previous two games as he recovered from a hit to the head from the Canucks’ Raffi Torres.
A Vancouver columnist is taking the NHL to task after the Blackhawks’ Brent Seabrook took a hit to the head Sunday night.
Not to get all biblical or anything, but Dave Bolland breathed life into the Blackhawks Tuesday night. In his first game back from a concussion, Bolland posted a goal and three assists in the Hawks 7-2 win over the Vancouver Canucks.
The Minnesota Twins’ Justin Morneau has recovered from his concussion, but officials don’t know if he’ll be ready for opening day.
After a couple days of double-talk and phony-baloney posturing to mollify fans and sponsors, the decision-makers at the NHL’s GM meetings refused to ban the hits to the head that are causing a frightening number of concussions.
Dave Duerson’s decision to donate his brain for research will particularly help young athletes who are the most vulnerable to play-related injuries.
Jim McMahon was one of the most popular players on the most popular team in Chicago sports history. He helped make memories that Chicago Bears’ fan will never forget.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!