The conference announced the decision Wednesday after university presidents approved the new moniker earlier in the day.
Shabazz Napier scored 28 points, Ryan Boatright and Omar Calhoun added 17 apiece, and Connecticut beat DePaul 81-69 on Saturday night.
Therapy dogs from the Chicago area were preparing to head back to Newtown, Conn., in hopes of easing the first day back to school for Sandy Hook Elementary School students.
When Barbara and Keith Baron and their two kids moved into the southeast Naperville neighborhood last August, they had no idea that an unspeakably violent act would soon put on the map the beloved town they had just left behind.
A University of Illinois student hopes to raise $50,000 for people affected by last week’s shootings at a Connecticut elementary school and he’s almost a quarter of the way to his goal.
Gov. Pat Quinn has declared Friday as a day of mourning for the victims of the shooting massacre last week in Connecticut.
School officials for northwest suburban Barrington School District 220 say they are just playing it safe. Real safe.
President Barack Obama on Wednesday pledged to move quickly on tightening gun control laws. He formed a task force to give him recommendations within a month.
An Illinois state lawmaker said Wednesday that talking about gun control isn’t the only conversation we need to have after the shooting massacre at a grade school in Connecticut.
In the great debate about guns, there are some unexpected things happening in the wake of the horrific shooting massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
The deadly school shooting spree last week in Connecticut prompted Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn to push for a review of school safety measures in the state.
Supporters of mental health funding have said the mass shooting last week in Newtown, Conn., should prompt a discussion not just of gun control laws, but the need for more attention to mental illness.
As America mourns the Connecticut victims, members of the Sikh community find themselves reeling all over again.
Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy says a meaningful response to the Connecticut school shooting would be to hold gun owners more accountable.
You can never predict a tragedy like the school shooting massacre in Newtown, Conn., but schools prepare as much as they can. Just this week, a school in north suburban Zion held a drill for a shooting.
Chicagoans react to the school shooting in Newton, Connecticut shooting.
The coaches in the Final Four consist of two seasoned veterans and a pair of young guns who are taking college basketball by storm.
Kemba Walker proved to be too much for the DePaul Blue Demons. His 26 points led the way for the Connecticut Huskies in a 97-71 win over over DePaul in the first round of the Big East Tournament.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.394
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!