Pitcher Carlos Villanueva and the Chicago Cubs have completed a $10 million, two-year contract.
Gov. Pat Quinn has filed an appeal over a Cook County judge’s ruling that the state must pay wage increases promised to workers in 2011.
One of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s top Chicago Labor allies is clashing with him over the new janitors’ contract at O’Hare International Airport.
Some Chicago aldermen said Tuesday that the city’s janitorial contract at O’Hare International Airport should be rebid, over concerns about the layoffs the contract would mean for union janitors, as well as the company’s ties to mob figures.
A Cook County judge has ruled that Gov. Pat Quinn must pay the 2011 wage increases promised in a contract with most state workers.
After nearly a year of negotiations, Gov. Pat Quinn’s administration on Tuesday terminated the contract between the state of Illinois and its largest public employee union.
The CTA struck a tentative cost-saving labor contract Monday with its largest union.
It was a case of now you see it, now you don’t for La Namee Webb, who’s fighting back. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
The Chicago Teachers Union announced late Wednesday that teachers have voted to ratify a new contract with the Chicago Public Schools.
Musicians with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra will receive a 4.5 percent salary increase over three years under a new contract but will also have to pay increased health care costs.
Chicago Public Schools officials and teachers continued contract negotiations Sunday morning, in talks union officials described as “intense,” with a midnight deadline looming for a teachers’ strike.
Chicago Teachers Union officials say they are “disappointed” in the way contract negotiations went Friday with school officials and went home for the night, as a teachers strike loomed for Monday.
The CTU accuses CPS with canceling longevity pay hikes and sick leave benefits, among other moves, while both sides are involved in collective bargaining.
If a deal is not hammered out, teachers could walk off the job as soon as Sept. 10.
Typically, a member school must suspend interscholastic activities if it does not have at least 51 percent of its students in attendance, according to IHSA policy.
While celebrating the second anniversary of their return to WBBM-TV, Bill Kurtis and Walter Jacobson today told colleagues on Tuesday that their contracts to anchor the station’s weekday 6 p.m. newscast have been extended through February 2013.
The Emanuel administration has reached a four-year labor agreement with the unions representing some 2,100 public safety workers
Just two weeks before the start of the new school year, the Chicago Teachers Union is ratcheting up the pressure on the school board for a new contract.
Upset with contract talks, the Chicago Teachers Union says it’s planning a big rally to show unity.
During his three seasons in Chicago, Cutler has been sacked 110 times, including an NFL-high 52 times in 2010.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.573
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!