A middle-aged Park Ridge man was convicted Tuesday of murdering his mother by throwing her over a railing and down stairs after the pair argued over family assets.
Johnny Borizov was found guilty of plotting to kill three members of his ex-girlfriend’s family three years ago in Darien.
A Chicago Police officer who allegedly sought and received extortion payments from tow truck drivers for steering vehicle tows from accident scenes was convicted on Friday as part of the FBI’s Operation Tow Scam corruption probe.
Richard Strum went behind the wheel of his Ford Mustang while he had marijuana in his system and crashed into Claudia Delia’s Honda Civic while it was parked at Austin and Sunnyside avenues in the Jefferson Park neighborhood, Cook County prosecutors said.
A jury convicted Arze of criminal sexual assault in May 2012 for the attack on a 48-year-old woman in his Berwyn office.
A former northwest suburban man was convicted Friday of punching his ex-girlfriend’s 5-year-old son in the groin multiple times and severely injuring the boy in 2011.
19-year-old Amanda Bach was shot and killed two years ago. Now a jury convicted her ex-boyfriend Dustin McCowan of murder.
A day after a 40-year-old attorney was convicted of killing former Chicago Bulls player Eddy Curry’s ex-girlfriend and 10-month-old daughter, the woman’s mother was urging other victims of domestic abuse to take charge of their lives.
Judge Matthew Kennelly wore the nun costume to test out Navahcia Edwards’ defense that the May 2011 heist of a TCF Bank she worked at in south suburban Palos Heights was in fact carried out by a white robber, not an African-American like her.
Authorities have captured a convicted murderer from Indiana who was mistakenly released from the Cook County Jail earlier this week.
A federal jury has found Robert Maday guilty of multiple charges–including bank robbery, escaping custody and a 27-hour crime spree.
A man whose history of reckless and violent behavior spans 25 years has been convicted of hitting and kicking two Naperville police officers last summer as they were ejecting him from a nightclub in the city’s downtown.
William Cellini’s one-page filing cites “the stress” the case has put on his family and the 78-year-old’s poor health.
A young father who bound his daughter in painter’s tape and then posted a picture of her on Facebook was found guilty Thursday of battery charges.
One of Drew Peterson’s sons says he is disappointed that his father has been convicted of murdering the young man’s mother.
A registered sex offender was convicted this week of trying to abduct a 12-year-old boy near a west suburban country club twice in 2011.
A limo driver who ran down a teenage prostitute with his Hummer after she refused to accept payment from his wife’s ATM card faces up to 14 years in prison for aggravated battery.
A Naperville man could be sentenced to life in prison after his conviction for sexually assaulting two young sisters who were sent to live with him after their mother was murdered.
More health problems have been reported for convicted powerbroker William Cellini, as he awaits sentencing for extortion.
A jury has convicted an Iowa man of sending threatening letters and dud pipe bombs to investment advisers in the Chicago area.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!