Cook County Board President
Local officials say a program to help low–income families connect to the Internet has become the most successful such effort in the nation.
Cook County Board Preident Toni Preckwinkle said Thursday she is troubled that the Chicago Public Schools reportedly plan to close about 50 schools this year.
The Cook County Board has approved a $20 million settlement for the family of a toddler who suffered severe brain damage after surgery at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County.
The Cook County Board has approved imposing fines of up to $2,000 on gun owners who fail to inform police if a gun is stolen, lost, or transferred to someone else.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle said Monday that she’s endorsing state Sen. Toi Hutchinson in the race to replace former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. over her former staffer, state Rep. Robin Kelly.
The president announced he will press Congress to pass legislation requiring background checks on all gun purchases; reinstate the ban on military-style assault weapons; renew a 10-round limit on the size of ammunition magazines; and prohibit the possession, transfer, manufacture, or import of armor-piercing bullets.
Gun owners in Chicago and suburban Cook County may have new incentives for keeping better track of their weapons.
It’s not very often that we hear about taxes going down, but on Wednesday, retailers and elected officials were celebrating the final roll-back of Cook County’s sales tax increase pushed through by former County Board President Todd Stroger in 2008.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel responded gently on Monday to criticisms of his crime-fighting strategy leveled at him last week by Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle is apparently considering targeted tax and fee increases and cost cutting to close a $115 million deficit in next year’s county budget.
On this Labor Day, delegates to the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte are preparing for their sessions, which begin tomorrow.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle conducted a 45-minute Internet video chat Thursday evening — looking for ways to eliminate a $267 million budget shortfall.
Local Republicans were going after Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle on Wednesday, for her controversial comments about former President Ronald Reagan. She has apologized for saying Reagan deserves “a special place in hell” for his role in the war on drugs.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle is apologizing for saying former President Ronald Reagan deserves “a special place in hell” for his role in the war on drugs.
The former Cook County Medical Examiner is speaking out for the first time after being forced from office two months ago.
Nearly 150 angry homeowners and renters, many facing foreclosure, jammed a near West Side union hall to demand a moratorium on evictions.
A published report says the findings of an audit of the Cook County morgue left Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle “jarred.”
It’s not exactly a clean sweep of the board that runs the County’s Health and Hospitals System, Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle is hoping to win Board approval for an overhaul of that panel.
Cook County Board President Tony Preckwinkle said county officials have found more money to add to a summer jobs program for youths in high-crime neighborhoods.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle says she is determined to eliminate all unincorporated areas of the county within the decade.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.450
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!