Cook County Circuit Court
A local Iraq War veteran has been trying to clear his name, after he was accused of attacking a family member.
A Cook County Circuit Court employee has been charged with stealing $3,500 in traffic ticket payments, the fourth clerk’s office employee to face criminal charges this year, prosecutors announced Tuesday.
A veteran Cook County Circuit Court employee was ordered held in lieu of $750,000 bail Saturday for allegedly taking court files from work and then shredding them at her kitchen table.
The Cook County Board is considering enacting new fines for a variety of offenses from public urination to illegal refrigerator dumping.
Cook County Circuit Court Chief Judge Timothy Evans appears to be moving ahead with his plan to hire more trial judges when they may not be needed.
A man who says he was a gang member at age 13 has been reassigned from a court job at age 46, after the Chicago Crime Commission identified him as a current gang leader.
The wife of a Joliet man struck and killed by a Metra train last year has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the rail agency and its partners.
The owner of a local medical testing lab was due in court on Thursday to face potential contempt charges for refusing to provide more detailed results of random drug tests on convicted criminals.
Another ruling is expected in a short time in the residency fight for mayoral candidate Rahm Emanuel.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!