Cook County Medical Examiner
Starting today, the Cook County Medical Examiner is posting names of the unclaimed and unidentified on-line — hoping to find their families and their identities.
The Cook County Medical Examiner is reporting the first success in an effort to identify 20 bodies at the morgue.
The Cook County Medical Examiner announced Friday that an autopsy of a poisoned lottery winner shed no new light on how cyanide got into his system.
The former Cook County Medical Examiner is speaking out for the first time after being forced from office two months ago.
The third straight day of triple digit heat has led to the deaths of at least six people, authorities said on Friday.
A published report says the findings of an audit of the Cook County morgue left Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle “jarred.”
After months of investigations into an overcrowding scandal at the Cook County morgue, the office is undergoing a major shakeup.
Two men were killed and five others were wounded in at least four separate shootings in Chicago.
The Cook County Board on Monday imposed new rules and regulations on the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office to address the recent scandal in which bodies were found stacked in an overflowing cooler and otherwise mishandled.
Park Ridge police are investigating what they’re calling the “suspicious” death of a man whose body was found early Thursday in the 200 block of Summit Avenue near a Metra parking area.
Police in west suburban Elmwood Park are investigating the deaths of two men whose bodies were found in a home.
“Horrendous” is how one funeral director describes conditions inside the Cook County Medical Examiner’s cooler.
The Cook County Morgue is once again double-stacking bodies on trays in its cooler.
The bodies of those who die in Cook County will now be donated to science if their families lack funds for burial.
Noxious chemical fumes caused the death of a Chicago police officer, weeks after he breathed in fumes from a cleaning solution at the Morgan Park District police station, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.
A 22-year-old man was fatally shot Monday in the Englewood neighborhood on the South Side.
Chicago police say they’re investigating the discovery of a body in an alley this morning in the Logan Square neighborhood.
Police found a man shot dead inside a car.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!