Cook County Medical Examiner
Starting today, the Cook County Medical Examiner is posting names of the unclaimed and unidentified on-line — hoping to find their families and their identities.
The Cook County Medical Examiner is reporting the first success in an effort to identify 20 bodies at the morgue.
The Cook County Medical Examiner announced Friday that an autopsy of a poisoned lottery winner shed no new light on how cyanide got into his system.
The former Cook County Medical Examiner is speaking out for the first time after being forced from office two months ago.
The third straight day of triple digit heat has led to the deaths of at least six people, authorities said on Friday.
A published report says the findings of an audit of the Cook County morgue left Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle “jarred.”
After months of investigations into an overcrowding scandal at the Cook County morgue, the office is undergoing a major shakeup.
Two men were killed and five others were wounded in at least four separate shootings in Chicago.
The Cook County Board on Monday imposed new rules and regulations on the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office to address the recent scandal in which bodies were found stacked in an overflowing cooler and otherwise mishandled.
Park Ridge police are investigating what they’re calling the “suspicious” death of a man whose body was found early Thursday in the 200 block of Summit Avenue near a Metra parking area.
Police in west suburban Elmwood Park are investigating the deaths of two men whose bodies were found in a home.
“Horrendous” is how one funeral director describes conditions inside the Cook County Medical Examiner’s cooler.
The Cook County Morgue is once again double-stacking bodies on trays in its cooler.
The bodies of those who die in Cook County will now be donated to science if their families lack funds for burial.
Noxious chemical fumes caused the death of a Chicago police officer, weeks after he breathed in fumes from a cleaning solution at the Morgan Park District police station, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.
A 22-year-old man was fatally shot Monday in the Englewood neighborhood on the South Side.
Chicago police say they’re investigating the discovery of a body in an alley this morning in the Logan Square neighborhood.
Police found a man shot dead inside a car.
- Former Glenbard East Student Charged With Planning Violence At SchoolIn November, Michael Santoro allegedly made plans of a violent nature against the school, but the alleged plans remained unknown an acquaintance reported the threat to police two weeks ago, after learning about the plans in February.306
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.322
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!