Cook County Sheriff
A 41-year-old New Jersey missing person’s case has been solved as a result of an ongoing investigation to identify the unnamed victims of serial killer John Wayne Gacy.
Up rickety stairs, in narrow gangways and alleys and in houses and apartments, the sheriff’s department was on a mission this week. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli reports.
A 37-year-old Harvey man was scheduled to appear in bond court Friday, after police found one dead dog and seven other abused or neglected dogs while enforcing an eviction at his home in south suburban Harvey.
A south suburban man has been charged with animal cruelty after eight dogs — one of them dead — were allegedly found inside his home during an eviction Thursday morning.
Dart said he’s worried about a stalemate in the General Assembly on a law to license people to carry concealed guns. If legislators don’t meet a June 9 court deadline to pass such a law, anyone with a state firearm owner’s identification card could legally walk anywhere in public with a concealed weapon.
CBS 2’s Brad Edwards reports on the collaborative process between victims and police artists that helps nab offenders.
The Cook County Sheriff is asking for help in finding a man who tried to abduct a 12-year-old girl yesterday in Maine Township.
As part of an overall crackdown on illegal gun ownership, Cook County sheriff’s deputies found one man was still in possession of 20 weapons despite having his firearms ID revoked.
On the way to a squad car, Jenelle Barton kicked a police sergeant in the chest and bit another on the right hand. The bitten officer was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart wants all suburban police departments in the county to be part of a federal tracing program for guns seized during crimes.
Two Wisconsin women who used a website to promote an “escort” service that was actually a front to prostitute a juvenile girl have been charged with human trafficking, according to police.
Cook County Chief Judge Timothy Evans on Friday defended the decision to begin implementing a ban on cell phones and other electronic communication at courthouses, saying he’s concerned about witnesses being intimidated, or worse.
The search for more possible victims of serial killer John Wayne Gacy is now in the hands of the FBI.
Alan Baker, 35, of the 13000 block of South Houston Avenue, was on a temporary assignment at the EPA office at the time a laptop and two smartphones were stolen in December.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart and neighborhood groups teamed up Wednesday to fight against companies they claim are trying to deceive renters and even board up the foreclosed buildings where they still legally live.
Cook County Jail is now eight inmates away from full capacity and, we haven’t even hit the summer crime wave.
Police are looking for a 22-year-old south suburban man suspected of severely beating and stabbing his mother Monday, then driving off after dumping her in a ditch.
Just as a 23-year-old woman was about the close her car door, 21-year-old Montez Fulwiley allegedly pointed a handgun at her, then jammed it into her ribcage and demanded her phone.
Authorities have captured a convicted murderer from Indiana who was mistakenly released from the Cook County Jail earlier this week.
Alvarez said there were no Illinois charges pending against convicted murderer Steven Robbins, because a January 1993 arrest warrant for armed violence and cocaine possession had been dismissed in 2007.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!