cook county sheriff’s office
A Melrose Park man being held at the Cook County Jail on charges that he raped an 11-year-old girl is now charged with seeking to hire a hit man to kill the girl, her sister and her mother.
A west suburban man is behind bars Thursday, charged with having a sexual relationship with an 11-year-old girl, and police believe he may have had contact with other young girls.
A new crime-fighting tool in Cook County might soon be in the palm of your hand.
A Cook County Sheriff’s deputy has filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against his employer, claiming that supervisors have done nothing to stop his co-workers from making his life miserable because he is gay.
Five former Cook County Jail inmates are suing the Sheriff’s office.Five former Cook County Jail inmates are suing the Sheriff’s office.
Police on Friday morning were questioning a suspect in the deadly hit-and-run crash in which a Cook County corrections officer was killed.
A former Buddhist priest from the southwest suburbs has been brought back to the Chicago area to face charges he sexually assaulted a teenage girl.
Police are making a big effort this coming weekend to get unused prescription drugs out of people’s homes.
A 25-year-old woman whose rape kit went untested for 10 years sues the city of Harvey.
A program at Marist High School in the Mount Greenwood neighborhood Tuesday attempted to teach students the lesson that texting while driving can be deadly.
A man came all the way from Wisconsin to sell his pit bull for dogfighting, and he likely won’t be going home anytime soon.
The Cook County sheriff’s office is warning of a scam targeting elderly men in the suburbs, using middle-aged women to seduce them.
Dewayne Yarbrough kept the alligator in a fish tank at his Ford Heights residence because “chicks dig it,” he told authorities.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart said Monday that archeologists have uncovered bodies and bones in an unused section of the historic Burr Oak Cemetery, in far greater numbers than previously believed.
The Cook County Sheriff’s office has caught someone pretending to be an attorney in real courtrooms – for the second time in six weeks.
Tahir Malik of Skokie was a familiar face before several Cook County judges, from Traffic Court to criminal cases. But it turns out he wasn’t really a lawyer.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Department challenges the allegations and says independent witnesses at the accident scene would have ‘prevented the scenario from happening.’
Cook County sheriff’s police have seized nearly $3 million in drugs from a man who was receiving suspicious packages in his Morgan Park neighborhood home.
Police say Dr. Gary Friederich turned a blind eye when dogs were brought to him and he was told they were used in illegal fights.
A $55 million settlement has been reached in a class-action lawsuit over strip searches at the Cook County Jail, attorneys said today.
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.3601
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!