Cook County State’s Attorney
Last May, James Kluppelberg stood under the sun for the first time a free man in more than two decades. Ten months later, he’s unemployed with little hope. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Authorities have captured a convicted murderer from Indiana who was mistakenly released from the Cook County Jail earlier this week.
Alvarez said there were no Illinois charges pending against convicted murderer Steven Robbins, because a January 1993 arrest warrant for armed violence and cocaine possession had been dismissed in 2007.
Last month, Kenneth Williams received a letter from the state’s attorney’s office demanding he resign because he’s a felon. He was convicted of forgery in Indiana in 1985.
Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez has suspended two prosecutors for failing to approve criminal charges against a man who had threatened to set his kids on fire after filling a bathtub with gasoline – then actually set them on fire three months later.
The Cook County State’s Attorney’s office is demanding the president of a south suburban school district step down because of a felony conviction, the Sun-Times is reporting.
There are about 40,000 drunk driving arrests in Illinois each year.
Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez wants a “complete and thorough, top-to-bottom” review of alleged hazing abuses at Maine West High School.
Several hundred people who all shared something in common — the violent loss of a loved one — gathered Saturday at the UIC Forum to share, remember and heal.
A total of $500,000 in federal grant money will allow a program to combat human trafficking to continue in Cook County.
Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez will dismiss criminal charges against a Chicago man in a 17-year-old murder case.
The Cook County State’s Attorney has announced the indictment of six people – all accused of using their positions in Chicago area school districts to steal money from taxpayers.
Investigators say they have cracked the case of an auto theft ring that stole some 200 vehicles in Chicago.
Jennifer Hudson recently befriended the victim of another horrendous crime, according to a report Tuesday.
Police won’t just be handling security and protecting visitors during the NATO Summit.
A 35-year-old man has been accused of forcing 12 girls into prostitution, and addicting them to heroin.
Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas says the State’s Attorney is working to recover almost $7 million her office overpaid to the City of Country Club Hills and has yet to get back.
In what her office is calling a “shift in philosophy,” Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez plans to form a new unit that will actively review criminal cases involving questionable or wrongful convictions.
A pre-holiday sting in Cook County targeting professional shoplifters in three locations has culminated in 59 arrests.
A federal judge won’t reconsider her ruling that former Mayor Richard M. Daley can be named as a defendant in a police torture case tied to former Police Cmdr. Jon Burge.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!