John Wayne Gacy was known to have worked inside and around a home where his mom once lived. CBS 2′s Mike Puccinelli has exclusive video from inside that building.
On Thursday, the entire Illinois congressional delegation and Gov. Quinn asked President Obama for federal flood-relief funds.
A Cook County corrections officer who claimed to be so prolific at faking injury that he nicknamed himself the “Duty Injury King” has been suspended without pay.
The American Red Cross has opened seven shelters to provide relief for nearly 200 people who were forced from their homes this week by flooding in Cook, DuPage, Lake, and DeKalb counties.
The designation will help speed and expand access to state emergency resources and allow the governor to pursue federal relief and support, a statement from the governor’s office said.
A federal lawsuit has been filed against Cook County and its employee pension fund claiming they violated federal law by failing to allow a U.S. Army Reserve member to contribute to her pension while serving in the armed forces.
With a high-profile triple murder trial underway in DuPage County with a camera in the courtroom, Cook County’s chief judge was left wondering when Chicago would be able to follow suit within its own court system.
Following a three-month grace period, Cook County will begin phasing in a ban on cell phones and other Internet-capable electronic devices at courthouses next week, starting with the Leighton Criminal Court Building at 26th and California.
Gun sellers and owners haven’t been able to stop it, so a new $25-per-gun tax in Cook County went into effect on Monday.
Two men are suing Cook County because bodily fluid was allegedly accidentally dumped on them when they were hired to clean a drainage pit last year at the medical examiner’s facility on the West Side.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle said the projected $25 million in new annual revenue from the tax increase will go to the county’s hospitals and health centers, which treat more than 300 lung cancer patients each year.
A man who collapsed in the Far South Side Roseland neighborhood Monday is Cook County’s 12th cold-related death of the season.
Two Cook County correctional officers were charged Thursday with gathering a group of inmates to beat anther prisoner inside the jail last year.
CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez reports the incident has probation officers renewing calls for more staff.
Early voting has begun for the February 26 special election to fill the seat of resigned Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr, but WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore reports it’s not the only seat up for grabs in the Chicago area.
Looking for a job? Jobs in fields like nursing, security and criminal justice are hiring in Chicago.
Real estate tax bills will be on the way tomorrow for Cook County residents, many of them containing the cold, hard truth about where we stand. And it isn’t pretty.
Treasurer Maria Pappas has outed the towns, school districts and other taxing bodies with balance sheets that will make you cringe. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
A northwest suburban man who died Sunday is the seventh cold-related death of the season in Cook County.
Monday was supposed to be the beginning of the no-cell phone policy, but on Friday the chief judge’s office said there would be a three-month grace period. Thus, perhaps, the confusion.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 9 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 9 hours ago