Gun owners in Chicago and suburban Cook County may have new incentives for keeping better track of their weapons.
Cook County Chief Judge Timothy Evans says a major impetus for restricting cell phones is the activity of gang members, who have used cell phones to take pictures of witnesses. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
The head of the Cook County Board says she’s working to address some of the racial inequities in the County’s criminal justice system.
Cook County has a new first couple–the first couple to say “I do” in 2013.
The city’s parking meters, Chicago area water rates, cigarettes, license plates — all are getting more expensive this year.
Beginning Jan. 14, cell phones will be banned for most people at Cook County courthouses. Sheriff Tom Dart is concerned about the logistics of the policy shift.
After a judge with ties to former Mayor Richard M. Daley recused himself from the involuntary manslaughter case against a Daley nephew, Cook County Chief Judge Timothy Evans is asking the state’s highest court to appoint a judge from outside the county.
Cook County investigators have been raiding stores across the county that have been breaking the law, and ripping off taxpayers of millions of dollars, by selling cigarettes without proper taxes.
A homeless man found near a University of Illinois at Chicago student center is the second person in Cook County to die of cold exposure.
An off-duty Cook County corrections officer was shot multiple times after he thought he was being followed while driving his car.
An off-duty Chicago police officer allegedly ran his car into a young woman riding her bicycle and later blamed her for causing the accident, the Sun-Times is reporting.
Signs marking the location of a fatal accident may soon go up around Cook County.
Andrew Thomas, 18, was being held on an aggravated battery charge for an alleged attack on his girlfriend.
After some voters at the end of the day Saturday had to wait as long as two hours to vote, the city Board of Election Commissioners posted an Early Voting Traffic Report on its website.
Dr. Stephen Cina says with about 5,000 bodies passing through the facility each year, the challenges are great. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle may be getting creative when it comes to plugging a budget hole.
The same cemetery that has been handling indigent burials for Cook County will continue to do so despite earlier criticisms of its operations.
Cook County commissioners reportedly ran up more than $98,000 in expenses without providing a shred of paperwork.
The Illinois Supreme Court will issue an order Monday permitting live broadcast coverage of trials in DuPage County.
A Cook County prosecutor was hospitalized Friday, after losing a lot of blood when two men attacked him for trying to stop an assault on two apparently gay men the night before in the park of Lincoln Park.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!