Just as the Blackhawks did in Game 1, Detroit took control in the second period and put the game away in the third. Now, the Red Wings have a chance to take the lead when this series between Original Six rivals shifts to Detroit for Game 3 on Monday.
Johnny Oduya and Marcus Kruger scored in the third period, Corey Crawford made 20 saves and the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Detroit Red Wings 4-1 in the opener of their second-round playoff series Wednesday night.
Midway through the first period of the Blackhawks’ series clinching win Thursday night, a chant not often heard at the United Center broke out.
Marian Hossa and the Chicago Blackhawks were well aware they’d been playoff underachievers since they captured the Stanley Cup in 2010. Now, they’re eyeing another championship. And they just took an important step toward it.
The Chicago Blackhawks were beaten the last game in the corners, along the boards and by an overtime goal for the Minnesota Wild. By hurling their bodies in front of puck after puck, the Blackhawks stopped the Wild’s momentum right where it started.
Jason Zucker scored at 2:15 of overtime to give Minnesota a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday, pulling the Wild within 2-1 in the Western Conference quarterfinal series.
Ray Emery was on the ice taking shots from goaltending coach Stephane Waite before Thursday’s practice, but when the rest of the team took the ice, the backup goaltender headed back to the locker room.
The Blackhawks are likely going to get by the Wild without much more trouble the rest of the way. However, Quenneville & Co. now understand that Crawford can make the key save when the game is on the line.
Bryan Bickell scored in overtime on a two-on-one rush, and the Chicago Blackhawks started the playoffs on a winning note after dominating the regular season, beating the Minnesota Wild 2-1 on Tuesday night.
While the sights and sounds of the playoffs are familiar for a team making its fifth straight playoff appearance, the expectations this year certainly are not.
Corey Crawford will start in the net for the Blackhawks Tuesday night when they open their first round series against the Minnesota Wild at the United Center.
The two goaltenders combined to win their first William M. Jennings Trophy as the goaltenders on the club allowing the fewest goals during the regular season.
In what was supposed to be a night off, Blackhawks goaltender Corey Crawford made arguably the play of the day.
After missing two games with a lower-body injury, Blackhawks goaltender Ray Emery is available to play tonight in Vancouver, but he won’t get the start.
Corey Crawford stopped 30 shots and the Chicago Blackhawks got goals from Bryan Bickell and Marian Hossa for a 2-0 win over St. Louis on Sunday, ending Blues goalie Brian Elliott’s shutout streak at three games.
Ray Emery is expected to start his third straight game in net Tuesday night when the Blackhawks face the Wild in Minnesota.
Why have the Blackhawks apparently made a decision on their No. 1 playoff goaltender with a fourth of the season left?
In less than two minutes, the Chicago Blackhawks did all the damage they needed to do. And then they just kept scoring.
Ryan Getzlaf set up Bobby Ryan’s tying goal and Teemu Selanne’s tiebreaker 1:04 apart in the waning minutes, and the Ducks rallied for a 4-2 victory over Chicago in a meeting of the NHL’s top two teams.
The Chicago Blackhawks set a franchise record with their 10th consecutive victory and extended their points streak to 29 games with a 5-3 win against the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday night.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!