Newly elected Village President Riley Rogers said Dolton is essentially broke. It made payroll and insurance payments this week only because it raided a tax-increment financing (TIF) fund.
At last report from his attorneys, Blagojevich was about to begin working in the prison library last November, after starting out washing dishes like any other new inmate.
It’ll be his and hers federal court hearings Wednesday as the Jacksons face justice in Washington D.C.
Former Gov. George Ryan was transferred from federal prison on Wednesday and will serve the remainder of his sentence at a Chicago halfway house. Here is a timeline of key events in his corruption case:
On the same day when the city of Chicago is paying out $32 million to settle two police misconduct cases, a new report details the extent of police crime, corruption and cover-ups.
It’s almost to the point that the easiest way to spot a corrupt politician is to see who’s winning in Chicago.
William Cellini’s one-page filing cites “the stress” the case has put on his family and the 78-year-old’s poor health.
Federal indictments rained down Thursday on three Lake County elected officials, a former Merrillville Town Court clerk, the former director of the East Chicago Public Library and a Munster businessman.
The City Council’s Rules and Ethics Committee has recommended approval of an expansion of the city’s Whistleblower Ordinance, to protect people and businesses who report government corruption.
Attorneys in the first trial of former Gov. Rod Blagojevich still keep in touch with him, and think his sentence will be reversed on appeal if the case ever gets there.
Chicago policeman Eddie Winters will serve out Derrick Smith’s term in the Illinois House.
Imprisoned former Gov. George Ryan will be released from prison five months early, having qualified for work release.
Former Cicero town president Betty Loren Maltese is suffering from a new legal headache.
With all that’s happening in Chicago, like the NATO summit and Mayor Rahm Emanuel running the city, it’s hard sometimes to keep up on the suburbs; like Cicero, and news there about money under the table, and clout beyond belief.
Former Gov. George Ryan has served most of his 6 1/2 year prison sentence and is set to be released next year, but he will have a chance to appeal for a new trial again before that.
Chicago was recently deemed the most corrupt city in the nation, and deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich last week became the second consecutive governor in prison for corruption convictions.
More than three years after being arrested by federal agents while still serving his governor, Rod Blagojevich has reported to the FCI Englewood Correctional Center in Colorado for a 14-year prison sentence.
At 1 p.m. Chicago time Thursday, Rod Blagojevich will report to the FCI Englewood federal prison in Englewood, Colo., to begin serving his 14-year sentence.
A former Chicago alderman turned political science professor has found the Chicago is the most corrupt city in the country.
McHenry County State’s Attorney Louis Bianchi is launching counterattacks against special prosecutors who charged him with corruption.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!