Prosecutors and defense lawyers say they can make their arguments in just one day on Tuesday and won’t need a second day next week. The judge will hand down the sentence the day after, Wednesday.
A 10 1/2-year sentence for political fundraiser Tony Rezko is not a good sign for deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich, according to a former federal prosecutor.
A federal judge has set a tentative sentencing date of Oct. 6 for ousted Gov. Rod Blagojevich, following his conviction on 17 corruption counts at this summer’s retrial and one count of lying to the FBI at his first trial last year.
Rod Blagojevich’s brother, Robert, called Monday’s verdict a “family tragedy on many levels.”
Deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich was solemn and philosophical Monday morning, as he faced the reality of a serious prison term looming after being found guilty of 17 charges.
A jury convicted Rod Blagojevich of 17 corruption counts on Monday, a decision that left the former governor stunned.
The woman who served as jury foreman in ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s corruption retrial says the panel hopefully sends a message with its multiple guilty verdicts against him Monday.
After more than two years of publicly denouncing the charges against him at every turn, a “stunned” Rod Blagojevich left federal count a convicted felon.
Rod Blagojevich’s defense attorney delivered a passionate closing argument on Thursday, saying prosecutors had proven nothing criminal and that the government wanted the jury to be nothing more than a “rubber stamp” for their case against the former governor.
Rod Blagojevich was back on the stand on Friday in what turned-into a family affair as his oldest daughter Amy attended the trial, but that wasn’t the only change in the courtroom. One of the 18 jury members was no longer in court.
Former Gov. Rod Blagojevich will testify in his own defense at his federal corruption trial, a source tells CBS 2.
Former East Chicago, Ind., Mayor George Pabey is going off to prison next month.
A former top aide to Rod Blagojevich testified on Tuesday that the deposed governor asked him what he could get for himself in exchange for appointing a U.S. Senator about a month before Barack Obama was elected president in 2008 and vacated his Senate seat.
As former Gov. Rod Blagojevich sat through the second day of jury selection for his retrial on federal corruption charges, many prospective jurors were expressing concern that serving on an extended trial could cost them their jobs, or in some cases, their homes.
Deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich took another chance to proclaim his innocence Thursday morning, as he headed to court for jury selection in his retrial.
Deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich won’t say whether he intends to testify at his re-trial, which begins in just over two weeks.
While the McHenry County state’s attorney has been acquitted of corruption charges, he still has another trial looming ahead of him.
McHenry County State’s Attorney Louis Bianchi has been acquitted of charges that he had employees do political work on county time.
The trial involving the current McHenry County State’s Attorney begins Monday, and the attorney for Louis Bianchi promises a war.
Attorneys for deposed Gov. Rod Blagojevich filed a motion early Tuesday morning, demanding the release of a recorded phone conversation when then-White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel.
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.225
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!