Cottage Grove Avenue
An extra-alarm blaze broke out early Monday afternoon in the South Side Park Manor neighborhood.
Ground was broken Tuesday on a new commercial and residential development in Bronzeville, a project the likes of which haven’t been seen in that neighborhood in 50 years.
A 4-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital Wednesday afternoon after he fell from a second-floor window on the South Side.
Wal-Mart is making another foray into Chicago’s South Side – this time in the Bronzeville neighborhood.
Emergency crews are on the scene of an extra alarm fire Sunday morning in the South Side Woodlawn neighborhood.
Police have issued a community alert about a rash of robberies on the city’s South Side.
Two people were wounded, one critically, early Sunday in a South Side Bronzeville neighborhood shooting, officials said.
Four people — two of them children — were badly injured in a traffic crash on the South Side Sunday morning.
Two pedestrians died overnight, after they were hit by a car at the busy junction of 95th Street and Cottage Grove Avenue on the city’s South Side.
Police are conducting a death investigation after a man’s body was found apparently frozen in a driveway on the Far South Side Monday morning.
Traffic jams mounted on the Bishop Ford Freeway Tuesday morning, when a dump truck slammed into a divider wall and left a lane blocked.
A 22-year-old man was behind bars on Sunday after allegedly shooting and killing two people on Friday and then engaging in a shootout with Chicago police officers who witnessed the murders.
Chicago police officers were involved in a shootout with at least one suspect who shot and killed two people in the Chatham neighborhood Friday afternoon.
Police say a 28-year-old woman who has been missing for nearly a month might be confused.
The pavement caved in on Cottage Grove Avenue in the Kenwood neighborhood this morning, prompting an emergency response and reroutes of a city buses.
Six people were hurt, two of them critically, in a four-vehicle crash on the Far South Side late Friday.
Police officers shot and wounded a man late Friday night when he allegedly pulled out a sawed-off rifle during a foot chase on the South Side.
A shootout in the South Side’s Grand Crossing neighborhood resulted in the arrests of two people early Friday.
Police are trying to find a woman armed with a kitchen knife, who stabbed two people on a CTA bus before fleeing in the Bronzeville neighborhood about a week ago.
Police are looking for the person who shot and killed a man in the Woodlawn neighborhood Thursday night.
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!