A Naperville woman accused of killing her son and a little girl she was baby-sitting last month entered a not guilty plea on Wednesday–in the first-ever televised court proceeding in the Chicago area.
A vote is coming Friday that could expel Illinois State Rep. Derrick Smith (D-Chicago) from the General Assembly.
A Northlake mother says she was unaware of how her five children were being treated by her husband and was trying to get out of the relationship.
After nearly two years of delays, Drew Peterson is set to go on trial in two months for the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
An alleged gang member accused of shooting a Chicago Police officer last week is due in court Monday.
A Near North Side man arrested last month for illegally surfing off Oak Street Beach will appear in court in a couple of days.
Some major participants on both sides won’t be present Wednesday for the first hearing between NFL players and owners since a lockout began.
A federal judge says she’ll rule soon on a motion by imprisoned former Illinois Gov. George Ryan to throw out some of his corruption convictions based on a U.S. Supreme Court decision curtailing the use of an anti-fraud law.
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!