CBS 2’s Derrick Blakley was in court for the latest chapter in what’s become an international and emotional drama.
Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow said Monday he will personally prosecute the murder case against four young men and women accused of strangling two friends in Joliet, then attempting to dismember their bodies.
As he made his first court appearance on federal bank fraud charges, state Rep. La Shawn Ford got the rock star treatment from dozens of West Side residents who came out to show their support for the embattled lawmaker.
The nephew of former Mayor Richard Daley pleaded not guilty on Monday to charges in the 2004 death of a young man during a fight on the near North Side.
Cook County Commissioner William Beavers vowed to take the stand in his own defense Monday as the first stages of jury selection got underway for his upcoming tax evasion trial.
Three people, including two teenagers, have been charged with attacking and robbing an elderly World War II veteran Monday in the West Englewood neighborhood.
Cook County Commissioner William Beavers lashed out at U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald, saying the prosecutor has caused the suicides of three people through “Gestapo-type tactics.”
A judge on Monday refused to lower the bond for the son of a Cook County Sheriff’s officer charged with the brutal beating and robbery of a 17-year-old boy in a Bridgeport alley that went viral after being posted on YouTube.
A judge set bond at $450,000 for convicted former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who was warned he could lose his home if he violates the agreement.
An investigation is underway in Elgin after a suspicious substance was mailed to a court building.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!