Volunteers and police officers returned to the Des Plaines River on Saturday to resume searching for the body of a missing toddler from Maywood.
Friday morning, CBS 2′s Courtney Gousman visited a charter school where 49 students are being given every opportunity to succeed as they prepare for a life-changing trip.
Hold on to your wallets: we are in the middle of a gas price spike, and experts say it will only get worse.
An autopsy was conducted Friday on the body of a lottery winner who died from cyanide poisoning last year, after his body was exhumed for further testing, but the results of those tests won’t be completed for a few weeks.
A deputy fire chief for south suburban Chicago Ridge has been released on bond, and placed on house arrest, after he was charged with breaking into a neighbor’s condo in Tinley Park, beat her, and threatened to kill her.
Sellers say customers really began buying guns and ammunition when politicians started talking about making changes to firearm laws, CBS 2′s Courtney Gousman reports.
Johnny Holmes said he recently lost a grandson to gun violence and has also been taking care of his elderly mother. CBS 2′s Courtney Gousman reports.
Friday will be the busiest day of the holiday season at both of Chicago’s airports, a day after hundreds of flights were cancelled at O’Hare and Midway due to the snow.
The far northwest suburbs will be the first to get the blast of winter weather headed for the Chicago area on Thursday, and they could get the worst of the storm in Illinois.
Bikers participating in The Chicagoland Toys for Tots Motorcycle Parade are donating a few hours of their time this morning to help make Christmas a bit brighter for local children. CBS2′S Courtney Gousman reports.
Hundreds of drivers got an expensive lesson on parking in Chicago on Saturday, after their cars were towed for violating the city’s overnight winter parking ban.
He’s at it again. The pastor who received national attention for spending 94 long days on the roof of a shuttered South Side motel is spending some more time outside.
CBS 2′s Courtney Gousman talked to some tree experts to get the tips you need to know before making the big decision.
A man was killed and four others critically injured in a crash Sunday morning that shut down both directions of the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94).
A botched robbery attempt has an Oak Brook doctor in stable condition tonight.
Saturday night, there were e a lot of smiles and excitement as Magnificent Mile lit up.
Chicago police say they are now looking for a blue, gray, or dark-colored Mercury Grand Marquis in relation to a deadly hit-and-run in the city’s Belmont Central neighborhood Saturday night.
Family, friends and colleagues of a “larger than life” Chicago firefighter were mourning the loss of a man who they said “was always a hero to us.”
Sunday is typically a heavy day for air travel and right now, everyone is trying to beat Hurricane Sandy.
Officials were investigating the cause of a fire that killed one man and injured his brother in the Logan Square neighborhood early Saturday.
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.218
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!