Eighteen suburban school districts will be deciding in the not-too-distant future whether to contract with an online school district that’s starting up in the Fox River Valley.
Mayor Emanuel says Chicago children would be the beneficiaries if the state allows the city to have a gambling casino.
The Commission on School Utilization issued it’s final report today, stating that Chicago Public Schools has the capacity to consolidate approximately 80 schools rather than the 129 it initially reported.
Art, music, computers classes — it’s a sacrifice many principals and parents have had to make in order to fund a full day of kindergarten. No more, though. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
No students were in jeopardy at any time during the incident, Chicago Public Schools spokeswoman Robyn Ziegler said.
Two more CPS students were killed during a weekend that began with a visit from the president to bemoan Chicago’s violent streets.
Dave Savini and the 2 Investigators went undercover and found instructor Jose Valdez cashing in while using public school students as free labor.
Students at the Kenwood high school are taught traditional subjects through the lens of art. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
There were rallies at schools across the city today as parents and teachers organize to save neighborhood schools.
Police were questioning two suspects in the shooting death of a high school student, after a basketball game on the Chicago State University campus.
Chicago public school parents had another chance to complain about the prospect of their school closing today, this time in front of a state panel.
Several African-American teachers whose schools were “turned around” sued the Board of Education.
Schools CEO Barbara Byrd-Bennett said Monday the plan depends on Illinois lawmakers allowing an extension on a deadline for announcing proposed school actions. Byrd-Bennett wants a one-time extension of the deadline from Dec. 1 to Mar. 31 .
There’s a new program in several Chicago Public Schools designed to get parents more involved in their children’s education.
“The Curators Of Dixon School” looks at the relationship between artworks on display at the CPS school and its influence on youngsters. CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley, a Dixon alum, reports.
CBS 2′s Dave Savini reports on one bus company’s violations as it transports Chicago students.
Rat droppings and other problems plague some cafeterias. Since 2011, 244 of Chicago’s 681 schools failed at least one health inspection, CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
CBS 2′s Mike Parker talks with parents and their kids about the news that the teachers’ strike will continue into its second week.
It’s been a week of teacher-less school, and an end to the strike can’t come soon enough for parents and some students.CBS 2’s Mai Martinez reports.
CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley talks with a variety of people who would love to see schools reopen for classes.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5015
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!