Crain’s Chicago Business
The Cubs’ $300 million plan to renovate Wrigley Field reportedly has early support from Mayor Rahm Emanuel, but could face opposition from the owners of rooftop bars across the street, and the alderman allied with them.
On the heels of a report about a possible move to the United Center for DePaul Blue Demons basketball, another account indicates that the university is also weighing far more ambitious plans.
A plan to renovate a historic downtown building will benefit the prominent Chicago family that owns it, but it may not be such good news for those who pay the rent.
Industry sources say Google is talking about moving its latest acquisition, Motorola Mobility, from the suburbs to the famous and roomy Chicago building.
Kraft announced earlier this week that its new international snack food spinoff will be known as Mondelez – an invented word that is supposed to evoke the image of a “delicious world.”
The Chicago Sun-Times could soon be getting a whole new look.
The Cubs reportedly plan to embrace a different way of selling bleacher tickets this season.
Two new big-box stores are coming to the edge of the Clybourn Corridor, near the Lincoln Park area Whole Foods store, according to a published report.
The demolition of the Purple Hotel in Lincolnwood has been anticipated for nearly five years, but now an investor from Skokie wants to restore and preserve it.
If you’ve been missing the old Chicago Tribune Books section since its demise for the newspaper’s 2008 redesign, you may be in luck.
Wrigley Field is almost 100 years old and is in need of a major renovation – and Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts doesn’t want to foot the bill alone.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!