Seven people were injured during crashes on I-90 early Tuesday — just one of several accidents that police said occurred on Chicago-area expressways in the early hours of the new year.
Three accidents — one fatal — brought traffic to a standstill Saturday night on the Eisenhower Expressway.
Several accidents over the holiday weekend are being taken as more evidence of the dangers of using a cell phone while driving.
Three people have been killed on Chicago roads since Monday afternoon.
The number of deadly crashes on Illinois roads is up 9 percent from this time last year, according to a published report.
Police discovered complete chaos when they were called to a West Side bar early Friday morning.
Treacherous, ice-covered roads early Thursday were blamed for numerous serious accidents across the Chicago area.
The Metra Union Pacific West Line was shut down for some time Thursday morning, after a train hit an empty car in West Chicago.
The first measurable snowfall of the year might not have seemed like a big deal by Chicago winter standards, but it is being blamed for at least one deadly accident during the morning commute.
It came two and a half weeks later than average, but on Friday morning the inevitable happened.
Investigators believe two recent collisions between Metra trains and cars left on the tracks at the same Des Plaines crossing are related.
Motorists and pedestrians on Wacker Drive Tuesday will be subjected to a ghastly sight that has nothing to do with Halloween.
“Bath salts” are being blamed for an Indiana woman’s misadventure on the roads this week that ended with a crash into a Boulder and several police squad cars.
The state of Illinois will now begin tracking so called “dooring” crashes involving bicyclists and opened doors from parked cars.
Illinois is trying to make a point about cycle safety with the name of its new campaign: ‘Start Seeing Motorcycles.’
Wintry conditions have returned in Chicago, and an icy glaze on many area roadways has caused several traffic accidents and spinouts.
Dangerous ice is being blamed for numerous accidents and spinouts on Chicago area roadways.
A jackknifed semi caused a diesel fuel spill Monday morning on the inbound Stevenson Expressway that shut down all four lanes.
Seven Chicago Police officers were injured overnight in a series of crashes on the city’s West and Northwest sides.
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!