On the eve of Election Day – things are heating up in south suburban Riverdale.
Authorities were warning Chicago area residents about scammers using skimming devices on ATMS to steal money from people’s bank accounts.
A north suburban woman swindled $30,000 from an elderly man to buy items for herself including gasoline, a refrigerator and a home theater system, according to authorities.
The Federal Trade Commission has estimated hundreds of millions of dollars are being collected by robocall scams, and it has sued five companies to stop the practice.
Pace has officially wedded itself to the Chicago Transit Authority’s effort to allow riders to pay their fares using credit and debit cards, and eventually using smart phones.
The Cook County State’s Attorney has charged a hospital worker with paying her bills with credit cards stolen from cancer patients.
Drivers using O’Hare Airport’s 25,000 parking spaces might soon be able to use their cell phones to find empty spaces and credit cards to “pay on foot” before they exit, thanks to a technology upgrade in the works.
The biggest advantage to charging, according to experts, is that credit cards come with lots of perks and protection that cash can’t offer. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
A computer glitch forced some Metra users to scrounge around for cash this morning in order to buy a ticket.
You can lower your credit card fees and even some of your bills by making a simple phone call. But it all depends on how you do it.
CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker talks with an expert about which cash-back credit cards are best for gasoline buyers.
CHICAGO (CBS) — The Salvation Army is moving with the times this holiday season, and you might say that in some places, it’s not your father’s Salvation Army. As WBBM Newsradio’s Bernie Tafoya reports, this […]
The Chicago Transit Authority is looking to try a high-tech method to make paying for your commute a little easier, without exact change or disposable fare cards.
Merchants, and possibly consumers, are going to be getting a break when they break out the plastic where they shop.
You have to have a better credit score today – at least 40 points higher than just two years ago – to even be considered for a loan, apartment rental or even some jobs; 680 is now the minimum.
They look like credit cards and act like debit cards, but they’re something else – prepaid debit cards – and they’re a big hit with college-bound teens.
An investigation that uncovered credit card abuses, which led to the ouster of the heads of the Chicago Housing Authority and Chicago Park District, has prompted Mayor Rahm Emanuel to cancel most city credit cards and all petty cash.
Metra officials say some customers were overcharged when they used their credit cards to buy train tickets last week.
Metra is alerting customers that some of them may have had their credit cards charged twice at ticket windows last Monday.
Chicago Housing Authority chief executive officer Lewis Jordan has submitted his resignation, in the wake of questions about his use of a government credit card.
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!