Illinois Senate President John Cullerton (D-Chicago) said Monday that the state is only hurting itself by failing to take action to resolve its ballooning pension debt and declining credit rating.
Gov. Pat Quinn says, when state lawmakers go back to Springfield for their final session before the new legislature takes over, addressing the pension mess has to be their top priority.
A Northwest Indiana couple says the I-Pass in their rental car wrecked their credit rating and now they’re suing.
Sen. Mark Kirk, still recovering from a major stroke, released a video Tuesday that calls for “decisive bipartisan action” to prevent further reductions in Illinois’ credit ratings.
Illinois, which already has one of the worst-in-the-nation credit ratings, was lowered even further on Wednesday by the Standard & Poor’s rating agency, citing the state’s failure to address its massive pension problems.
Illinois edged closer to having its worst-in-the-nation credit rating lowered even further as a rating agency declared Thursday that failure to address massive pension problems is a “credit negative” for the state.
South suburban Riverdale has the unfortunate distinction of having one of the nine worst municipal credit ratings in the nation, so the last thing some city leaders want is a new church that won’t pay any taxes, but that’s exactly what they’re going to get.
A massive selloff on Wall Street Monday after the U.S. credit rating slip made for the worst single-day loss since December 2008. In Chicago, the news was depressing and worrisome.
Republicans and Democrats in Washington remained far apart on a deal to increase the federal debt ceiling and Wall Street is really worried, chalking up the biggest losses in nearly a year.
Surprisingly, banks may pull your credit card if you’re paying your bills on time but not using the plastic enough. CBS 2′s Rob Johnson explains.
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.110
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!