Chicago doesn’t make the top 10, according to recent FBI violent crime statistics.
Police say crime was down in Chicago for the month of July, making it the 31st month in a row that’s happened.
Violent crime is down as of the end of June but three areas of property crime have increased as compared with last June, police said preliminary statistics suggest.
The 2010 crime statistics released by the FBI Monday show that the level of crime in Naperville is far lower than is typical for Illinois’ largest cities.
Are authorities allowing some violent homicides to remain classified as “death investigations” to keep crime statistics lower? Chicago police say absolutely not, but 2 Investigator Pam Zekman delves into the death of a Columbia College student that has drawn criticism.
CHICAGO (STMW) – Chicago police say that murders are down by 14.2 percent, aggravated batteries including shootings are down by 17.8 percent and violent crime overall has dropped by 11.6 percent as compared to April, […]
Chicago’s murder rate is higher than some other big cities, but Police Supt. Jody Weis notes that the last time it was this low, mayor Daley’s father was mayor and Lyndon Johnson was president.
Police Supt. Jody Weis says crime in Chicago was down in November and has been dropping consistently for almost two years, but some police officers say people are not feeling safer.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.398
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!