The transit agency’s board approved a switch from fluorescent to LED interior lighting Wednesday.
Just like any metropolitan city, it can be difficult to navigate Chicago streets to get to Soldier Field. Even local residents can find it difficult to nail down the routes to take to a Bears home game. However, knowing some simple public transportation and regulations for local travelers can help make the process easier.
The CTA is taking heat for its plan to discontinue a dozen bus lines and redistribute the buses to more heavily-patronized routes as it also steps up ‘L’ service on most of its rapid transit lines.
The CTA is in no hurry to put its newest ‘L’ cars back into service, despite newly-completed repairs.
For the first time in 15 years, CTA will accept ads for beer, wine and hard liquor. The change in policy is expected to generate an additional $3.2 million for the cash-strapped agency.
A few of the 1,300 United Airlines employees relocating to Chicago got the chance Wednesday to tell Mayor Rahm Emanuel what they do and don’t like about their new home.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.4254
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!