KYLE LONG? What the…? KYLE LONG? But there were so many better guys availa… KYLE LONG?
Luis Valbuena hit a tie-breaking solo home run in the ninth inning to lift the Chicago Cubs to a 4-3 win over the Miami Marlins on Thursday night.
Carlos Marmol blew a lead in the ninth before Darwin Barney bailed him out with a homer in the 10th inning on Tuesday night, lifting the Chicago Cubs to a 4-2 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.
Jay Bruce hit a tying double and scored on Cesar Izturis’ two-out single in the 13th inning Monday night, rallying the Cincinnati Reds to a 5-4 victory that gave the Chicago Cubs their fourth straights loss.
Ryan Braun hit a three-run homer in the fifth then was ejected three innings later, and the Milwaukee Brewers won their seventh straight, 4-2 over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
Three errors, including a crucial throwing miscue by starting pitcher Edwin Jackson, left Chicago Cubs manager Dale Sveum in a sour mood after a 5-1 loss to the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday night.
Ryan Braun hit a three-run homer, and Jean Segura produced some bizarre baserunning in the Milwaukee Brewers’ 5-4 win over the Chicago Cubs on Friday night.
Tonight’s Cubs game against the Texas Rangers has been postponed due to the severe weather.
Public opinion matters to the Cubs in their efforts to modernize their property and stabilize their presence in Tom Ricketts’ beloved Wrigleyville.
Derek Holland pitched seven shutout innings, Adrian Beltre hit a two-run home run, and Craig Gentry made a diving catch in the ninth to end the game and preserve the Texas Rangers’ 4-2 win over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night at a cold Wrigley Field.
Edwin Jackson and Michael Bowden tied a major league record by combining to throw five wild pitches in an inning, and the San Francisco Giants got another big assist from a Cubs pitcher in a three-run 10th in Sunday’s 10-7 victory over Chicago.
We asked for your submissions and you obliged. Many were predictably obtuse and pointless. Most, actually. But there were a handful worthy of thoughtful response.
The Chicago Cubs expect catcher Steve Clevenger is expected to miss at least six weeks because of a strained left abdomen.
Pinch-hitter Dioner Navarro hit a two-out, two-run homer off Bumgarner in the seventh to pull the Cubs to 3-2. It was Navarro’s second career pinch home run in two days, each hit from a different side of the plate. His tying homer in the ninth Friday was hit from the left side.
The proposed pedestrian bridge would cross Clark Street and dramatically change the look of Wrigleyville. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
Pinch-hitter Scott Hairston had a go-ahead sacrifice fly in the eighth inning and David DeJesus added a two-run single, lifting the Chicago Cubs over the Milwaukee Brewers 6-3 on Tuesday night.
Chicago ended a six-game road trip with four losses as it heads to Wrigley Field for the home opener against Milwaukee on Monday.
Carlos Marmol still believes in himself as a closer
Justin Upton hit his third homer in four games and Mike Minor pitched into the eighth inning to help the Atlanta Braves beat the Chicago Cubs 4-1 on Friday night.
Edwin Jackson gave up two runs in five innings but lost to the Pirates for the first time in seven career starts. The Cubs produced just two singles and only put a runner on third once.
- Winning Powerball Ticket Sold In FloridaIt's all about the odds, and one lone ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching each of the numbers drawn for the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials said Sunday.129
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.408
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!