A West Side alderman has proposed an ordinance that would give some special attention to families whose children repeatedly violate the city’s curfew for young people.
A Cook County judge has dismissed charges against dozens of Occupy Chicago protesters who were arrested in Grant Park after a rally last October, ruling the curfew they were charged with violating is unconstitutional.
The Cook County Board is considering enacting new fines for a variety of offenses from public urination to illegal refrigerator dumping.
The Occupy Chicago protesters are trying to strike a deal with City Hall for a permanent place to gather, but haven’t gotten very far.
Chicago’s new, earlier curfew goes into effect Sunday, and Mayor Rahm Emanuel is reminding families about the move to keep children safe.
Chicago’s new curfew ordinance is now in effect, in an effort to protect the city’s kids and keep them safe.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy says his department is more than ready to enforce the city’s expanded curfew law, despite a manpower shortage.
Parents, listen up: the Chicago City Council today passed a new curfew law that requires children to be off the streets earlier.
Do you know where your kids are? Chicago’s curfew law says anyone under 17 cannot be outside or in a public place after 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and after 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday. But many residents complain that police don’t enforce that law.
Some aldermen are proposing moving up curfew for thousands of Chicago children.
Chicago Police officers were expected to be more visible next week, while public school students are on spring break.
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.239
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!