The outbreak of shootings came after a two-week period of relative calm and, once again, coincided with an improvement in the weather, as temperatures climbed into the 80s.
A man dubbed the “Mummy Bandit” by the FBI, because his head and face are covered, robbed a West Town bank Tuesday, marking at least four such crime committed while carrying various items such as stuffed toys and a bucket.
A 15-year-old boy was critically wounded in a shooting in the Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday night on the South Side.
A man in a Chicago Cubs cap robbed a bank branch about 10 blocks west of Wrigley Field on Friday afternoon.
Two people were shot and critically wounded within minutes of each other overnight in the fashionable Ukrainian Village neighborhood.
A Canada-based tea café is setting up shop on three fashionable strips in Chicago.
Firefighters remained on the scene early Tuesday, after flames roared through three homes in the North Center neighborhood, near the busy junction of Lincoln and Damen avenues and Irving Park Road.
While demolition has been the trend for much of Chicago’s public housing, one development has now won recognition on the National Register of Historic Places.
A young woman from Northern Ireland who was brutally beaten in a Chicago robbery is still struggling two years later.
A woman was shot in the face Wednesday evening in a drive-by incident in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood.
Two men are dead and seven others were wounded in shootings throughout the city Saturday night and early Sunday, police said.
An unruly CTA passenger accused of throwing rubbing alcohol in a bus driver’s face after a Friday argument over an expired fare card on the Near West Side was ordered held on $75,000 bond Sunday.
Members of the Latino community in the Humboldt Park neighborhood are not the slightest bit amused by a bakery’s choice of names for one of its desserts.
Police are holding one person in connection with a string of robberies in the Bucktown, Wicker Park and Logan Square neighborhoods.
At least six people were taken to the hospital early Monday from a home on the northern edge of the Beverly neighborhood.
It’s ok to just look. Here are a few of Chicago’s best spots to window shop.
A man was wounded in a gang-related shooting before sundown Tuesday, on the northern edge of the trendy Roscoe Village district.
At least eight people were shot and wounded during a six-hour span throughout the city Saturday evening.
A pickup truck driver was arrested overnight, about 15 minutes after he struck and killed a motorist who was standing on the shoulder of the Stevenson Expressway, while waiting for a tow truck.
Police have released a new photo of a Chicago State University student who has been missing since leaving for school last weekend.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!