Republican venture capitalist Bruce Rauner announced his gubernatorial bid for the 2014 election, saying he’s the anti-politician the struggling state of Illinois needs to “shake up Springfield.”
The 2014 governor’s race is off and running, with the first declared Republican candidate announcing today.
For months, Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford has been hinting — at times not so subtly — that he wants the Republican nomination in the 2014 governor’s race. Come this weekend, he’ll finally make it official.
Standard and Poor’s decision to lower Illinois’ credit from A to A- comes just days ahead of plans to issue $500 million in bonds.
The state of Illinois’ chief investor says if the President and Congress can’t reach a compromise, that means less money in workers’ paychecks.
Moody’s Investor Services has downgraded the state’s credit outlook from stable to negative.
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford unveiled an updated Operation Reunite list of names now that several military medals have been returned to veterans.
The Illinois State Treasurer’s office has some Christmas gift suggestions: unclaimed property that will be auctioned off online later this month.
The Republican National Convention got off to a rousing start on Tuesday, with Ann Romney speaking from her heart about her husband, GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie speaking from his gut.
For Illinois GOP delegates, getting to the Republican National Convention in Tampa was a pain on Tuesday, but once inside, the delegation’s chairman had a little fun.
Illinois has evolved into a “blue state,” but there are still plenty of Republicans – and plenty of opinions on how to rebuild the party.
Gov. Pat Quinn says he didn’t end media tours of Illinois prisons in order to cover up anything.
For the second year in a row, the public has a chance to see the inside of the Illinois Treasurer’s vault at the state Capitol in Springfield.
Now that the governor has finally unveiled a plan to tackle the state’s pension crisis, one top Republican is predicting a tough road ahead.
Rick Santorum dropped out of the Republican race for president on Tuesday, clearing the way for a showdown between President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney in November. The head of Romney’s campaign in Illinois credited this state as having a big influence in Santorum’s decision to end his bid for the GOP nomination.
It’s going to be painful. Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn was putting the finishing touches Tuesday night on what can only be called a bad news budget; one which might stop the bleeding, but does little to treat the wound.
Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford says it’s time for long-range planning to come to government, and the state should be run more like a business.
If your life lacks a mint sheet of Elvis Presley Stamps, a Davy Crockett Pencil Set or a five pound silver coin, the State of Illinois has the answer with an on-line auction running through Sunday.
Illinois politicians were quick to weigh in after former Gov. Rod Blagojevich was sentenced to 14 years in prison on Wednesday for his corruption convictions, largely saying they hope it puts an end to corruption in the governor’s office.
The Illinois State Treasurer’s vault at the state Capitol is running out of room, and Treasurer Dan Rutherford is now auctioning some of the assets online.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.573
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!