Going forward, Cook County taxpayers won’t have to pay for work of a special prosecutor investigating why Chicago Police and Cook County prosecutors did not charge a nephew of former Mayor Richard Daley in the death of David Koschman.
A pair of former federal prosecutors will be re-trying a 2,400-year-old case, and they won’t just be trying to convict one of the world’s most beloved philosophers, but they’ll be going up against two prominent Chicago attorneys.
After a judge with ties to former Mayor Richard M. Daley recused himself from the involuntary manslaughter case against a Daley nephew, Cook County Chief Judge Timothy Evans is asking the state’s highest court to appoint a judge from outside the county.
A nephew of former Mayor Richard M. Daley has been indicted for involuntary manslaughter in the 2004 death of David Koschman.
There has been no official response from the Jackson family to the exclusive CBS 2 report that Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has been negotiating a plea deal with federal prosecutors that would lead to his resignation for health reasons and likely jail time. Reactions among his constituents on Saturday were mixed.
The embattled South Side congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. would resign for health reasons, admit to misspending campaign funds and likely spend some time behind bars, CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine has learned.
A judge has named former U.S. Attorney Dan Webb as a special prosecutor to re-investigate the death of a man, after he was punched by the nephew of former Mayor Richard Daley.
During as post-trial hearing Friday, a juror in the trial of convicted powerbroker William Cellini stormed out of court, yelling, “Leave me alone!”
A federal judge wants to talk to a juror who failed to disclose her felony convictions before she was seated on the jury that convicted power broker William Cellini, but he won’t force reporters to turn over notes of their interviews with that juror.
Illinois power broker and millionaire businessman William Cellini has been found guilty on two of four counts related to a conspiracy to squeeze the Oscar-winning producer of “Million Dollar Baby” for a campaign contribution.
In their final push to take down a well-connected Illinois millionaire, prosecutors focused on one sound Tuesday — a laugh — as they tried to convince jurors he was in on a scheme to extort campaign cash from a Hollywood producer for then-Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
Millionaire businessman William Cellini has decided not to take the stand during his Chicago corruption trial.
An attorney for an Illinois powerbroker on trial in the last case directly linked to a federal investigation of Rod Blagojevich sought in his opening statement Thursday to distance his client from the disgraced former governor.
A former Republican Illinois governor and two former attorneys general are weighing in on the Rahm Emanuel residency case.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!