Barrington High School cancelled a dance scheduled for Saturday evening after rumors circulated that someone was planning to bring a gun.
Are you ready to rock like it’s 1972? Relive your youth or the youth of others by checking out some of the top cover bands in Chicago.
For those who enjoy going to the ballet and for aspiring dancers as well, the following list of performing arts venues and studios are among the best Chicago has to offer.
For both newbies and regulars alike, The Hideout is an abundantly friendly venue with great rustic appeal, a front-porch Americana vibe that is hard to find elsewhere, an ideal destination for a laid-back night of down-to-earth fun with a group of friends. It’s a vibrant nugget of conviviality tucked modestly away on an industrial side street, with plenty to offer beyond the standard menu of amusement, and should be embraced for these virtues and more. Here are eight reasons why.
When it’s 12:00 a.m. and you just can’t go home, there’s always somewhere open in Chicago to get your dance on. They may not all be classy, the average age may be 22 and your shoes might get stuck to the ground, but there sure will be dancing. Here’s an eclectic sampling of some of the best late night dancing spots in Chicago.
Dancers usually perform works by outside choreographers, but at Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, company members create dances for each other. The dancers of Hubbard Street Dance Chicago and Hubbard Street 2 (a training company for six dancers between the ages of 18 and 25) stepped up to the challenge, and the results are on view during the danc(e)volve: New Works Festival, held January 19 to 22 and January 26 to 29 at the Museum of Contemporary Art.
There aren’t enough hours in the day to check out every noteworthy event in Chicago. Check out this quick guide to our five can’t-miss arts picks for January.
There aren’t enough hours in the day to check out every noteworthy art event in Chicago. But there are a few events that you just can’t afford to miss. Here’s our quick guide to five must-see events and exhibits in Chicago in December.
I am a vile human being. The vilest..est… I’m a shoe gazer. The guy at a show that stands in the back, not moving; a statue that wards lovers of things like dancing, music, and fun, far, far away. Are you like me? Well, don’t fret, friend. There IS a place for us.
Dance might not be well represented at the Grammys, but the category is usually filled with heavy hitters. Last year’s titanic Lady Gaga could face a little competition this time around. Last.fm Trends finds out who might topple the pop princess.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.376
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.696
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!