It didn’t take long for former Bears wide receiver Dane Sanzenbacher to find a new home.
The Bears have waived wide receiver Dane Sanzenbacher.
The following players are inactive for the Sunday afternoon’s game between the Chicago Bears and Carolina Panthers.
Bears’ inactives include wide receiver Dane Sanzenbacher, defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, safety Jeremy Jones, guard Edwin Williams and defensive end Cheta Ozougwu.
Bears wide receiver Rashied Davis told the Chicago Tribune that he was released Wednesday morning, opening the door for Dane Sanzenbacher to make the 53-man roster.
With a big crowd on hand at Ward Field and a light mist falling at Monday night’s practice, things were bound to get a little chippy.
Davis has never been an elite wide receiver, but he is a key special teams performer, which immediately makes him the favorite to make the team as the team’s sixth wide receiver.
The bye week is over and the Bears are getting back to business. Let’s see what’s on your mind as the Bears get ready for a big matchup with the Eagles.
As he came to training camp, Sanzenbacher wasn’t sure if he would even make the team. Now, after three games, he’s caught two touchdown passes from quarterback Jay Cutler.
The reasons for the Bears’ inefficiencies are many, and shared. But, really. Somebody get open.
Jay Cutler crouched down on his knees, his head resting on the turf with his hands on both sides of his helmet as if his ears were ringing. That was after a blindside hit from Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins that was only the beginning of his misery in a 30-13 loss to New Orleans on Sunday.
Lance Briggs missed practice on Thursday with a knee bruise. He will not practice on Friday and will not play in the Bears’ second pre-eason game vs. the Giants on Monday.
Dane Sanzenbacher wanted to be a Bear even before the NFL Draft. After setting a number of records — including career receiving yards (2,808) and career receptions (151) — Sanzenbacher was labeled as one of those “fringe” guys before April’s draft.
Well, one preseason game is in the books and there is a lot to talk about. Let’s get straight to your questions:
Saturday provides the first opportunity to see what the Bears look like in game-situations. Here are some of the things that I’m interested in seeing Saturday.
What the Bears appear to be thinking is this: our problems last year were only a matter of personnel, and we have better parts in better places. We can run this system the way it was meant to run, last year’s struggles be damned.
Training Camp usually allows for good battles. Sometimes it’s two guys fighting for one job, but occasionally you get a solid battle between an offensive and defensive player.
Former Ohio State star receiver Dane Sanzenbacher and the Bears have agreed on a contract, giving Chicago 26 undrafted free agents.
The Bears released an official list of 19 undrafted free agents who they signed Tuesday. See the entire list here!
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!