Danny Mac Show
One of the major criticisms of the Chicago Blackhawks last season was a lack of grit and toughness, especially among the defenseman. And judging by the free agent signings of general manager Stan Bowman, that need has been addressed.
Optimistic reports about the NFL Lockout have started to come in with more frequency over the previous few days, leading most to believe that a deal will be reached soon. Once that deal is reached, the Bears will have another big negotiation.
The NBA Finals concluded June 12th, 2 weeks after the Bulls bowed out against the Miami Heat. The Blackhawks were eliminated in May, and then the Stanley Cup Finals ended on June 14th.
The Cubs have the second worst record in baseball, and haven’t really been in the NL Central race since back in May. The assumption is that sooner rather than later the team would begin calling up some of it’s prospects.
The Chicago White Sox will have a little more time off before they resume play on Friday against the Detroit Tigers. It’ll be a series that will hopefully showcase a different Adam Dunn than was seen in the first half, because they need it to.
Over the course of the 120 days of the NFL Lockout, conflicting media reports have surfaced several times per week indicating that an end was either on the horizon, or that preseason games would be missed.
For most fans, the pain of the Chicago Bulls losing to the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference finals in May has long since subsided. But for Derrick Rose, getting over the 2010-11 season hasn’t been a quick process.
Due to the gag order placed on the negotiating teams for the NFL and the players, the only information coming out to the public has been through reporters.
The Cubs’ lone representative in Sunday’s MLB Futures game was Matt Szczur, an outfielder playing for the team’s Single-A affiliate. Szczur is one of a few Cubs draft picks who appears to be showing promise, highlighting an organizational weakness.
Roger Goodell heard a healthy amount of boos when he took to the podium during April’s NFL Draft. So it’s pretty clear what the fans think of the commissioner. But what do the players and owner think of him?
As the White Sox continue to struggle through the season, a lot of discussion has started as to where the blame should fall. Recent comments by Ozzie Guillen and Ken Williams make it sound like they feel the other is to blame.
With the length of the NFL season still uncertain, and an NFL Lockout well over 100 days, many football fans are beginning to crave a football fix that they haven’t had since the Super Bowl.
Regardless of any trades the Chicago Cubs make this season, the organization will likely have a few holes to fill going into 2012 as a result of expiring contracts.
One of the less talked about results of the NFL Lockout has been the negative impact on the fantasy football industry, and for those trying to prepare their fantasy team for the season.
The NFL Lockout has now lasted 115 days, and still, the fate of training camp, preseason and the regular season are uncertain. The one thing that the work stoppage has given teams, is the time to prepare themselves for handling the resumption of football.
With the second-worst record in baseball, the Chicago Cubs don’t really have a realistic chance of making the postseason.
A lot of things were expected of Adam Dunn when he signed a big offseason contract with the Chicago White Sox. For starters, he was expected to hit a lot of home runs and help carry the White Sox to the postseason.
Outside of Paul Konerko and his .324 batting average, 22 home runs, 64 RBI and 100 hits, the White Sox offense hasn’t seen much success this season.
The White Sox may have won on a balk on Monday night to get back to .500, but the talk on Tuesday is revolving around Adam Dunn, and his encouraging night at the plate.
Before this season, the Chicago White Sox did something uncharacteristic to the organization, they went out and spent a lot of money to make themselves a contender.
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!