A South Shore woman has been charged with beating her elderly mother to death during a domestic dispute over the Mother’s Day weekend.
CBS 2 earlier this week reported on the joyous reunion between Elaine Harman of Virginia and her birth mother, Jenny Hadley of Hobart, Ind. On Thursday, the two said farewell – for now. Mike Parker reports.
A northwest suburban Carpentersville woman is facing criminal charges after she allegedly locked her 8-year-old daughter out of their home.
A Northwest Side woman is being held on $300,000 bail after prosecutors say she robbed her own mother.
A Chicago man who bound his 22-month-old daughter with tape and posted a photo on Facebook was acquitted Tuesday of unlawful restraint and will find out the verdict on a second charge next week.
A former Chicago woman is facing charges after allowing her 6-year-old daughter to tan at a salon.
An Elgin woman is facing federal charges after she allegedly encouraged her teenage daughter to beat up another girl and then videotaped the assault.
A woman who allegedly kidnapped her daughter from the Chicago area more than two years ago was behind bars in Dallas, Texas, Friday.
A judge said Friday the Andre Curry can visit with the girl under the supervision of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services workers.
Andre Curry, 21, is out on bail and spoke to CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker about the pain of being away from his child.
Every little girl (whether she’s 6 or 46) likes to be treated like a princess. A little bit of sparkle, a little bit of pampering and a whole lot of pink can sure take a girl far. Chicago has many options to make each girls feel special on her birthday or any day. From dress up-parties to interactive experiences, each shop has a different way to create an unforgettable celebration.
There wasn’t a whole lot of love to be found in a newspaper Valentine addressed Tuesday to Cook County Assessor Joseph Berrios.
Five years now after the disappearance of a 26-year-old DeKalb County man – and almost two years since a court declared him dead – his mother says she is fighting to keep Social Security death benefits for her son’s young daughter.
A Chicago man made national headlines when he posted a picture on Facebook of his 22-month-old daughter bound with duct tape. Now, a grand jury has indicted the man on felony charges.
The daughter of a fallen Chicago firefighter plans to announce on Wednesday that she’s suing the owners of the abandoned building where her father and another firefighter were killed last year.
A Jefferson Park neighborhood man stands charged with murder in the death of his 3-month-old daughter, who died this week as a result of injuries from child abuse.
Prosecutors in Northwest Indiana say it will be some time before they get to the bottom of a bizarre crime yesterday involving a father and daughter.
A man was killed and his daughter was critically injured over the weekend in a motorcycle accident in the far north suburban town of Ingleside.
The mother of a kidnapped 4-year-old downstate girl says she is “very much overjoyed” that her daughter was found in Chicago.
Father’s Day is a time for dads to be celebrated and to reflect on life as a father. One dad takes us down memory lane and recalls his firsts with his father and how history is repeating itself with his own daughter.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!