Red Wings head coach Mike Babock is a big fan of how the Blackhawks built their 2010 Stanley Cup winner and how they’ve rebuilt for a run this season.
Just two days after it looked like Dave Bolland was set for a return to the third line, the center was back on the Blackhawks’ second line at Monday’s practice.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says forward Dave Bolland and goalie Ray Emery will be available for Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals
Blackhawks center Dave Bolland will not make his return from a groin injury Thursday night in Game 5 against the Minnesota Wild, but when he does, he could be playing a different role.
Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith was back in Chicago Tuesday for the birth of his first son, but is expected to make it back to Minnesota in time for tonight’s Game 4 against the Wild.
Ray Emery was on the ice taking shots from goaltending coach Stephane Waite before Thursday’s practice, but when the rest of the team took the ice, the backup goaltender headed back to the locker room.
The Blackhawks traveled to Nashville Friday without Dave Bolland and Patrick Sharp.
With a playoff-like media contingent looking on at the Blackhawks’ morning skate Tuesday morning, center Dave Bolland returned to the ice and vowed he’ll play tonight against the Minnesota Wild.
If the Blackhawks didn’t have the attention of the rest of the league when the season started, they sure have it now, as they’re rolling four lines deep and not slowing down, winning six straight games.
No matter what goalie the Chicago Blackhawks put into their net, they are coming away with win after win.
Miss hockey yet?
Center Jonathan Toews said Monday he is “very confident” he’ll play when the Blackhawks open their Stanley Cup playoff quest Thursday in Glendale, Ariz. against the Coyotes.
Travis Zajac and Patrik Elias scored in a shootout and Martin Brodeur made 37 saves and stopped four of five shooters to give the New Jersey Devils a 2-1 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night.
Rookie Andrew Shaw scored 2:42 into overtime to give the Chicago Blackhawks a 2-1 win over the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday night.
Dave Bolland scored the go-ahead goal in the third period when his centering attempt hit the stick of St. Louis’ David Backes and went in and the Chicago Blackhawks rallied to beat the Blues 3-1 Sunday for their third straight victory.
Gabriel Landeskog broke a tie 38 seconds into the third period and David Jones added two goals, helping the Colorado Avalanche snap a five-game skid with a 5-2 win over the struggling Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night.
It was a thoroughly forgettable night Thursday for the Blackhawks in Edmonton, as they lost to the Oilers 8-4.
Pekka Rinne made 24 saves for his ninth straight win and the surging Nashville Predators beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-1 Tuesday night in the teams’ final game before the All-Star break.
Jonathan Toews had two goals, rookies Andrew Shaw and Jimmy Hayes also scored, and the Chicago Blackhawks handed the Buffalo Sabres their 10th straight road loss, 6-2 on Wednesday night.
The Blackhawks haven’t played the Canucks in nearly a month and they won’t face them until Jan. 31, but that doesn’t mean the rivalry isn’t as hot as ever.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!