Going forward, Cook County taxpayers won’t have to pay for work of a special prosecutor investigating why Chicago Police and Cook County prosecutors did not charge a nephew of former Mayor Richard Daley in the death of David Koschman.
A judge who handles juvenile cases in McHenry County was selected Friday to preside over the Cook County involuntary-manslaughter case against Richard J. “R.J.” Vanecko, a nephew of former Mayor Richard M. Daley.
A McHenry County judge will preside over the politically-charged involuntary manslaughter case against Richard “R.J.” Vanecko, a nephew of former Mayor Richard M. Daley, who is accused of killing David Koschman in 2004.
After a judge with ties to former Mayor Richard M. Daley recused himself from the involuntary manslaughter case against a Daley nephew, Cook County Chief Judge Timothy Evans is asking the state’s highest court to appoint a judge from outside the county.
The Koschman-Vanecko story has become a really big one.
The nephew of former Mayor Richard Daley pleaded not guilty on Monday to charges in the 2004 death of a young man during a fight on the near North Side.
A nephew of former Mayor Richard M. Daley has been indicted for involuntary manslaughter in the 2004 death of David Koschman.
A judge has named former U.S. Attorney Dan Webb as a special prosecutor to re-investigate the death of a man, after he was punched by the nephew of former Mayor Richard Daley.
A special prosecutor will investigate a politically charged, fatal fight involving a nephew of retired Mayor Richard M. Daley.
A judge is set to rule Friday on whether to appoint a special prosecutor in a politically-charged case involving the nephew of retired Mayor Richard M. Daley.
The Better Government Association is urging the appointment of a special prosecutor to reinvestigate the case of David Koschman, who died after being punched by a nephew of retired Mayor Richard M. Daley.
Nanci Koschman, David Koschman’s mother, and two other relatives want a judge to appoint an outside prosecutor to determine whether criminal charges still might be merited in the death, and to investigate how police and prosecutors handled the case.
New court papers suggest Chicago Police may have left out key information in a report about an incident involving a nephew of former Mayor Richard M. Daley in which another man died after being punched.
The family of a Mount Prospect man who died eight years ago after a confrontation with Mayor Richard M. Daley’s nephew has scored a legal victory.
A woman who blames a nephew of retired Mayor Richard M. Daley for her son’s death wants a special prosecutor to investigate.
Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez has asked Illinois State Police to look into the Chicago Police Department’s handling of a homicide case involving a nephew of Mayor Richard M. Daley.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!