If you think your one vote doesn’t matter, just take a look at some of this week’s election results.
Cook County officials are paying homage to celebrities born in Cook, in a sometimes surprising exhibit beneath Daley Plaza.
A state lawmaker wants Illinois to stop using schools as polling places on Election Day, but the idea doesn’t sit well with local election authorities.
Cicero Town President Larry Dominick easily won his bid for re-election Tuesday in a contentious three-way contest marked by accusations of corruption, voter intimidation and ballot-fixing.
Cook County has a new first couple–the first couple to say “I do” in 2013.
Tomorrow’s voter turnout in and around Chicago might not be a record, but officials expect it will be substantial.
Tuesday is National Voter Registration Day, and officials in Cook County are joining the effort to get everyone onboard.
Cook County Clerk David Orr fears the push for voter ID laws across the country is going to have a pronounced effect on Election Day.
The Chicago Gay and Lesbian Hall of Fame has announced 12 people and three organizations that will become the newest inductees this November.
Falling property values mean falling tax revenues in Chicago.
Thousands of people are getting letters saying their home was sold for non-payment of property taxes — when it’s just not true. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman investigates.
Officials say 831 civil union licenses were awarded to Cook County couples in June, the first month they were legal in Illinois.
Civil union licenses will start being issued in Illinois starting on Wednesday and Cook County Clerk David Orr expects a big rush early in the morning.
Gov. Pat Quinn and Cook County Clerk David Orr will be among those in attendance for a historic ceremony next month, in which 30 gay and lesbian couples will be joined in civil unions in Millennium Park.
Two tied election races in Cook County are to be decided by the toss of a coin.
A royal wedding of a sort also took place in Cook County this morning, courtesy of Cook County Clerk David Orr.
Election officials in Chicago and the suburbs say they are seeing encouraging numbers in the people participating in early voting now underway.
Cook County Clerk David Orr has some surprises for the first couple in line this year to get a marriage license.
The president-elect of the Cook County Board met with all the county elected officials and delivered a short, but painful message.
It’s the 11th-hour push for your vote by candidates all over the state, and the process to register your choice is also kicking into overdrive.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.667
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!