If I had a nickel for every time we have asked Tom Thibodeau when Derrick Rose is coming back, I would have a whole lot of nickels (which still doesn’t amount to much).
A few days ago the veteran left-hander experienced a twinge of discomfort in his throwing elbow during a bullpen session and immediately was checked out by medical personnel.
As a free agent, Scott Hairston had options, but there was no question in his mind that he wanted to play for the Cubs.
Talk about a swing man on your pitching staff. That’s exactly the role that Hector Santiago will fill on this year’s White Sox team.
The Cubs left-fielder had medical reasons for turning down a trade to San Francisco last year.
ubs owner Tom Ricketts would make an excellent politician because he can talk a long time without saying much. That was the case Sunday when Ricketts met the media and pretty much brushed away all questions regarding a deal with both the city and the neighborhood involving Wrigley Field.
Paul Konerko is the last of the Mohicans, meaning he’s the final member of the 2005 World Series championship team that is still playing for the White Sox.
Brent Lillibridge only signed a minor league deal with the Cubs, but he has a very good chance of making the Major League roster.
The news that Robin Ventura had turned down a one-year contract extension really didn’t surprise insiders.
Say what you want about Tuesday’s story about Derrick Rose potentially not playing this season (and I don’t believe that for a moment) but the part that upset me is that Rose granted an interview to a reporter from the national media.
Carlos Marmol says he’s completely innocent of the accusations that have been levied against him.
There was an influx of both Chicago teams needing third basemen, and players available coming into Baseball’s Winter Meetings, and on Wednesday the logjam opened up.
“He got the bird but he also got me. It happens more often then you think”, said Sveum.
WSCR’s David Schuster checks in from the Winter Meetings.
The realization of a dream finally has come true for the Danks brothers.
Paul Konerko is hoping to be back in the White Sox lineup on Thursday.
When a six-year-old, die-hard Giants fan from New York named Joe learned that his favorite player Brandon Jacobs wouldn’t be returning to the Giants due to the team’s inability to afford him, he did the only thing he knew to do.
As I sit here at the Bulls practice facility I can’t help but think back to the aftermath of yesterday’s playoff game vs. Philadelphia.
Derrick Rose had led a charmed life regarding injuries up until this season.
If you think you’re frustrated with Richard Hamilton being so injured this season, you should know it’s nothing compared to his frustration.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.161
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!