Chemistry and camaraderie are extremely important to winning in baseball, if you believe most players.
Over the years, teams that have gone on to win the World Series have had poor records during the spring and vice versa, so is winning important in exhibition play?
Unlike other pitchers who ease into throwing harder and harder as Spring Training develops, Chris Sale looks to be in mid-season form.
Paul Konerko confirmed Tuesday that internal strife doomed the White Sox last season.
Rizzo was especially fun to watch as he put four straight over the wall including one over the 50-foot barrier in center that traveled an estimated 500 feet.
All baseball executives are trying – or hoping – to win for now, but they also have to look at the future. The Cubs and White Sox are no different.
It wasn’t exactly an interrogation, but reporters finally got a chance to speak with Starlin Castro Friday.
In order for the White Sox to make any noise this upcoming season they will have to get major contributions from their starting pitching staff.
Though Reed is the youngest and least experienced of the three, he likely is the leader for the job going into Spring Training.
Brett Jackson is the future for the Cubs. The question is, when is that future? Is it near or is it far?
Samardzija is coming off his best season as a professional notching eight wins in 2011 to go along with an era of 2.97.
Matt Garza opened up on a lot of subjects Sunday as pitchers and catchers went through their first workout at Cub’s camp.
Theo Epstein was almost giddy talking about the beginning of Spring Training. The Cubs President said this has been a long time coming.
Marlon Byrd filled up the reporter’s notebook on Saturday. The first thing you noticed seeing is that there is less of him…20 lbs to be exact.
Coach Tom Thibodeau has constantly stated that if a player says he can play he will. But there are times when a coach has to take control and say no.
The Bulls confirmed that Luol Deng did indeed suffer a torn ligament in his left wrist but Deng said he is opting not to have surgery.
The scene in the locker room after the game here at Lambeau Field wasn’t nearly as bad as I feared. I anticipated a lot of long faces and angry scowls on the Bears player’s faces but instead was met with resignation.
A report this morning out of the St. Louis Post Dispatch said that the Cubs have made a qualifying offer to Albert Pujols. The Cubs themselves had “no comment” on the report, but let’s look at this realistically.
Now, Epstein will work hard to get his new organization to the top of much more important categories. The Cubs President will now pretty much go underground as he tries to rebuild the franchise.
There’s no doubt that Theo Epstein gives the Cubs their best chance for winning in a long time…like say a century.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!