LeBron James might be a load to handle on the court, but in the NBA labor quagmire he’s got nothing on a swamp turtle named Pogo, a comic pages pundit with a labor lesson for LeBron and the NBA players. “We have met the enemy, and the enemy is us,” said Pogo, the resident sage of cartoonist Walt Kelly’s Okefenokee Swamp.
Wednesday will be the league’s D-Day, according to commissioner David Stern.
The announcement Thursday that negotiations to end the NBA lockout would resume were followed by reports that some players are investigating the possibility of decertifying the union.
Mitch Lawrence of The New York Daily News joined The Mully and Hanley Show to break down the NBA lockout.
Four full weeks of the NBA season have been canceled by commissioner David Stern, and while early reports indicate the league and Player’s Association are “95 percent” finished with a deal, one NBA insider doesn’t think it’s that close.
Talks to end the NBA lockout broke down Friday afternoon, and Ken Berger of CBS Sports joined The Boers and Bernstein Show to discuss the current state of negotiations.
The move came Friday after labor negotiations broke down for the second time in a week.
According to Amick, there is some reason to be optimistic.
There’s still time for the NBA to salvage an entire 82-game season, but that time is quickly running out.
NBA and players’ association representatives met for 15 hours Wednesday, and a published report says officials are hoping that a full season can be salvaged.
Derrick Rose has established himself among the elite NBA players in just three seasons. His salary, however, doesn’t come anywhere near the top in the league, let alone his own team.
David Stern and Billy Hunter are still hard at work trying to save the NBA season but it appears that many of the league’s top stars are getting ready to hit the road for a two-week world tour that will consist of six games spanning across four continents.
The marathon NBA bargaining sessions have taken their toll on Commissioner David Stern.
Searching for progress to end the NBA lockout, owners and players held another lengthy bargaining session Wednesday despite the departure of Commissioner David Stern.
NBA players and owners spent a marathon 16 hours meeting with a federal mediator and planned to return early Wednesday to continue the talks.
NBA players and owners met for more than 10 hours with a federal mediator, hoping to deliver the progress Commissioner David Stern says is needed to avoid canceling more games.
The unemployment rate is still high, and yet, here we sports fans are again, listening to another group of millionaires and billionaires argue over money.
The fate of the NBA’s season could rest on Tuesday’s meetings.
NBA owners apparently weren’t bluffing when they said they wanted competitive balance just as much as a chance to profit.
National Basketball Players Association Director Billy Hunter has said repeatedly that the NBA’s intention was always to cancel 2011-12 regular-season games.
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.219
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.4192
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!