The 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals acted on Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s request to allow Gov. Pat Quinn more time to review legislation passed last week. However, on issuing its ruling, the court said it would not issue another extension of its mandate past the new deadline of July 9.
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has asked a federal appeals court for an extra 30 days for the governor to decide if he’ll sign recently approved concealed carry legislation.
Gov. Pat Quinn has signed legislation extending the deadline for the Chicago Public Schools to submit a list of school closings from Saturday to March 31.
You can’t vote in the presidential election if you’re not registered. Today is the last day to do so.
The deadline is nearing for Gov. Pat Quinn to act on the state’s gambling expansion bill.
The chances of making major reforms to the state’s public pension systems appear to be dead in Springfield, at least for now.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson says the police union may have missed a negotiating deadline, but the mayor shouldn’t punish rank-and-file officers.
The city has extended the deadline for restaurants to apply for spots at the new, scaled-down Taste of Chicago – in hopes of drawing more interest.
This is the last day to register to vote, and based on some numbers, not many Chicago area residents have.
The Cubs have issued a letter to season ticket holders, informing them that the deadline to renew their seats at Wrigley Field has been moved up about a month and a half.
This is your last chance to buy a Chicago city sticker if you want to avoid a ticket.
The old Chicago city vehicle stickers expire Thursday, and after a two-week grace period, tickets will be issued.
With just one week to go until the deadline, the Internal Revenue Service is still waiting for about a third of Illinois taxpayers to file their returns.
There’s still time to send gifts via mail or private carrier, but the window is closing.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!