An 11-month-old girl was in “stable” condition at a hospital after she was thrown from an SUV during a crash in the downtown area early Tuesday morning, police said.
Chicago Department of Transportation Commissioner Gabe Klein said the mile-long two-way protected bike lane on Dearborn Street, stretching from Wacker Drive to Polk Street, is the nation’s first protected bike lane through a central business district.
A construction crew hit a gas line in River North Thursday morning, prompting police to shut down nearby streets.
Sources say at least 28 people were arrested overnight for a series of violent attacks across the city, including 11 arrested for beating a man leaving the July 4th fireworks at Navy Pier.
The owner of a Chicago violin shop is suing the unidentified writer of what he says are defamatory Internet postings.
A Playboy Club could be back on the Chicago scene next year, for the first time in more than 20 years.
The situation is back to normal a day later, but right across from the Dirksen Federal Building downtown Wednesday, a building was evacuated for more than four hours due to a suspicious package.
Loud bangs were heard in a the tunnel that connects the Blue Line to the Red Line at Jackson Boulevard this morning but police say it was not gunfire.
Police blocked part of a busy downtown sidewalk this afternoon, after glass fell from a building.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!