Some say money bought her the race. CBS 2′s Derrick Blakely crunched the numbers on how much each vote cost the candidate.
Former Illinois legislator Robin Kelly captured the Democratic nomination Tuesday in the race to replace disgraced ex-U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., after a truncated campaign season where she got a boost from New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s super PAC.
Voter turnout is expected to be relatively low as voters in the 2nd Congressional District head to the polls in snowy conditions, reports WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore.
There’s one last day of campaigning before Tuesday’s primary for the 2nd Congressional District special election.
It’s the final weekend of campaigning in the crowded 2nd Congressional Primary Election.
The final push is on to get votes in the 2nd congressional district race and candidate endorsements continue to rack up.
The primary election for Jesse Jackson Jr.’s 2nd Congressional District seat is next Tuesday and some of the candidates meet Monday for a debate.
One of the front runners to replace ex-Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. is leaving the race.
There’s a new, very high-profile, player in the race to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in Congress, who this week alone plans to spend more money than any of the 16 Democratic candidates has been able to raise.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle said Monday that she’s endorsing state Sen. Toi Hutchinson in the race to replace former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. over her former staffer, state Rep. Robin Kelly.
As expected, there is a very crowded field of candidates vying to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in Congress. Seventeen Democrats and five Republicans met Monday evening’s deadline to file nominating petitions to run for the 2nd Congressional District seat in the upcoming special election.
Add three more names to the growing list of candidates running to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in the 2nd Congressional District: Illinois State Sen. Toi Hutchinson (D-Olympia Fields), Chicago Ald. Anthony Beale (9th), and Robin Kelly — a top aide to Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle.
A crowded field could line up to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in Congress, once a special election is set up to fill his seat following his resignation on Wednesday.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.), who faced his strongest challenge in years, defeated fellow Democrat Debbie Halvorson, in the 2nd Congressional District primary.
Voters are heading to the polls Tuesday morning for an Illinois primary election that experts have said could be “defining” for the Republican presidential race.
With former Congresswoman Debbie Halvorson far behind in the latest polls in her efforts to unseat Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr., Halvorson is asking for some help in bringing down Jackson.
Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. was out doing something Monday morning that he hasn’t had to do in eight years – campaigning against a Democratic opponent in his bid for re-election.
The democrat running against Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. wants an investigation of one of the financial supporters of the Peotone Airport.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. was facing a new obstacle in his fight to retain his seat in Congress amid his toughest primary challenge yet.
Congressman Jesse Jackson has received a most graceful let down from Mayor Rahm Emanuel, who said Tuesday he has not yet made an endorsement in the 2nd District race against former Congresswoman Debbie Halvorson.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!